Mobile App: Add a Warm Transfer button to mobile app.

• Idea
  • Updated 13 hours ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
Please add a "Warm Transfer" button to the mobile app so it works/looks like the Desktop app shown below. 

This way you don't have to use the sequence ##*1+ 10 digit number to perform a warm transfer. 

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,808 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Liz Hosp

Liz Hosp

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is pretty amazing.  Seriously 3 years and nothing?  for a simple and critical feature?  rather disappointed RC.
Photo of Doug Routledge

Doug Routledge

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
You may want to take a look at an attendant console.  Bridge Operator Console provides these features for users, and is designed for front desk works, making it superior to a desk phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUpdDzeB3zo

https://bit.ly/2MhxgnK

Photo of Dima Tochilovsky

Dima Tochilovsky

• 650 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Doug, that looks promising. We are in need of a way to be able to do a true warm transfer where the three parties are on the call at the same time and then the operator can drop off after the call is established. Currently the Ringcentral SoftPhone app does not support it.
Can the Bridge operator Console provide that capability for our multiple users?
Photo of Doug Routledge

Doug Routledge

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
We are working with RC to get conferencing capability in the WebRTC SDK, then we could absolutely do it.  Also as a parallel track, they are rolling out the telephony API in beta, which allows us to control a phone.  So in the near future we can do it either way I hope. :-)
Photo of Richard

Richard

• 286 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
RingCentral app - Mobile iOS & Android

"Warm Transfer: In addition to Transfer Now (direct transfer), users now have the option to Ask First (warm transfer) or send to Voicemail when transferring calls."

Due in an upcoming release I believe. 
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 64,682 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi all, this capability is available on the RingCentral app, like Richard mentioned :) You can learn more about it here.
(Edited)
Photo of LaConya Murray

LaConya Murray

• 64 Points
I can't access the video. Do I need a separate login for Salesforce?
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 64,682 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey LaConya! For some reason that link was busted. So I updated it :) You should be able to view it now
Photo of Mahmoud Shehadeh

Mahmoud Shehadeh

• 72 Points
What about the desktop version of RC, is there an option to warm transfer?
Photo of Richard

Richard

• 286 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Yes, warm transfer is available in the desktop, just not RC Phone mobile app on IOS or android.
Photo of Mahmoud Shehadeh

Mahmoud Shehadeh

• 72 Points
How do we perform a warm transfer using the desktop?  We haven't been able to figure this out. Thanks.
Photo of Shelly Roth

Shelly Roth, Champion

• 1,784 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Correct, Richard.  Warm Trasfer is not available on the RC Phone mobile app.  Is that happening soon?