Mobile App: bypass the lockscreen

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Can you enable the iphone app to bypass the lockscreen? Currently when a call comes in i need to unlock my phone to answer it.
Photo of richard

richard

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,178 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sorry,  That functionality does not exist.  You may check directly with Apple but I don't believe there is any way to do this for any apps. 

Mike
Photo of richard

richard

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Mike - looks like I need to get him onto Android!
Richard
Photo of Zach Moses

Zach Moses

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Mobile App: Bypass the lockscreen on the iphone mobile app when a caller comes i....
(Edited)
Photo of Lee Herndon

Lee Herndon

• 60 Points
Mike: I use 8x8 for another business and the 8x8 mobile app for iOS includes an option to prevent the phone from locking when the 8x8 app is active and selected (up front). App does not have to be in use - just has to be on and fill the screen. Does not lock out during calls requiring password to modify call, hang up, etc. If 8x8 can include it so can RC. Make this happen immediately please.
Photo of Dierdre

Dierdre

• 844 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Mike mentioned on another thread:
Just letting everyone following this thread that there is now some new CallKit functionality. You can view these new articles for details. 
Call Interruption on iOS

iOS10 CallKit Support
(Edited)
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,988 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yes... Thanks for sharing Dierdre,   Everyone on this thread be sure to check out the links Dierdre posted which I've converted to the Official Response above.
(Edited)