Mobile App: Keep outbound caller ID changes

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Mobile App: How do I update my Caller ID on my RingCentral Mobile App?

US RC Office Enterprise

I've been using the RC Mobile App for Android today, and just noticed a little quirk that's becoming annoying.  When viewing the dialpad from the app, I'm given the option to change my outbound caller ID using a dropdown above the numbers.  By default, it's set to my direct phone number, even though everything in my extension settings is set to our main company number.

After noticing I placed a couple calls with my direct number as the outbound caller ID, I changed it to our main number for the next call, thinking problem solved.  After a few more calls, I notice it's back to my direct number, and nothing I do will get it to stick.

Please make an option available to change the primary outbound caller ID for the mobile app.  I want the majority of my outbound calls to look like they're coming from our main number, as that's the number our clients will recognize.  Having the ID revert back would be great if I changed my outbound caller ID to my direct number for a particular call, but it's simply inconvenient to have to change it to our main number every single time I make a call.
Photo of Eric L

Eric L

• 2,648 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,724 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Eric - check this to see if this helps and let me know: How do I update my Caller ID on my RingCentral Mobile App?
Photo of Eric L

Eric L

• 2,648 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Yup that did it.  Never bothered to scroll further past Extension Settings.  Thanks Kim!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.