Monitor activity across the entire phone system

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: RingCentral Contact Center

I need a way to monitor how calls route and phones behave across an entire phone system.  If there was an online virtual switchboard where I could see which phones are in use, available, ringing, and set to DND, troubleshooting call routing would come much easier.

This is particularly critical and/or useful in environments where calls are routed differently depending on which incoming number is dialed.  I would like a simple way to monitor a call as it works its way through the system to make sure that routing is behaving the way we think it should.

For those of us tasked with configuring and maintaining these systems from offsite, a virtual switchboard would give us immediate insight into what is going on on a phone system without having to constantly ask the end user "what happened when I just dialed x number?"
Photo of Chris Sidman

Chris Sidman

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 20,380 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
We have been asking for this type of view of our phone status and traffic routing as well, as we have over 1850 phones and even more users than that -   we have a large subset of phones with very specific programming in them - but there is not way to see which ones have the programming implemented or not without loggin into each and every phone.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.