Access multiple companies/accounts

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • (Edited)
Feature Request - US
I work for multiple companies and was wondering if there was a way to switch between accounts with the app without logging in and out
Photo of Sabrina Cummings

Sabrina Cummings

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 35,724 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sabrina,

That is not possible at this time in either the RingCentral for WIndows or the RingCentral Mobile app. Saadet, can you change this into a feature request? I think there is already a request for this.
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 60,202 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hello Jan,

Sabrina already posted it as a Feature Request :) and I think it's a very useful idea!
Photo of Mike Bullock

Mike Bullock

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Allow access to more than one account on the mobile app by hitting a switch accou....

Can a button be added so that if you have more than one account you can switch between the accounts with ease instead of signing in and signing out each time?
Photo of Daniel

Daniel

• 60 Points
Considering leaving RingCentral if this feature isn’t added soon.
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 16,246 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
only way to manage something like this is using accounts.ringcentral.com , but that wont help with taking calls only programming accounts and such.
Photo of Ken

Ken

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is desperately needed as I'm in the process of merging two companies into the application and this is hindering the process.
Photo of Parts Master

Parts Master

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Apps, you can switch back and forth on depending which number you want to use to ....

I am a current customer, and was looking at adding a completely separate and new line to my current account for another business, BUT I can't becuase you can't switch between numbers on the apps in desktop or mobile . We only use in most cases 1 mobile phone, 1 desktop, and 1 laptop, so switching between a number on the apps would get great.

When will it be possibel that, 2 different company lines can be used with apps, ( like can you make it happen now??)  that you can switch back and forth between the lines depending which number you want to use to call out from or answer, it would be great to have the ability to choose 2 different ring tones to differ between the 2 numbers as well, so it is east to differ between them.

I am sure you are losing $ on like customers who have to go to another service to get another line, and who do not want to do this, but are forced to do so becuase they need the ability to see an use the app from another serivce on there phone or device that is different than the RC app.

We need to get this in place ASAP... i am sure i am not the only customer in this position and giving my $ to another service provider that i don't want to just for an app.  This feature should be a priority as I am sure there are many that want the same.  Basically an app that will allow you to use more than 1 specific RC line, but many 2-3 , be able to choose which to call out from, and see specifically which is ringing in with choices of different ring tones to decifer between each.

Who is with me?  

Photo of Barry Doerbecker

Barry Doerbecker

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Multiple Ring Central Accounts.

I am a consultant that works for multiple firms (Canada).  2 of my clients have created RingCentral accounts for me ... I have a Company A account with that company's credentials and a Company B account with that company's credentials.  However, when setting up the Android apps from RingCentral on my phone, it can only set up Company A or Company B.  To switch between companies, I have to find the sign out (logout) and sign in again using the different company credentials.  I was wondering if it made sense to have a single sign in, using my own Google account as my default sign in to Ring Central and then choosing which company I am accessing when I open the appropriate apps (RingCentral Phone or GLIP) ... alternatively, having a quick switch between accounts would be beneficial as it would not require me to sign out and sign in again using different credentials.