My mobile App (iphone) will not ring at the same time as other phones?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic.

Let me begin by describing our setup that we currently use in our office.

We have one main number that our customers call. That number then forwards the call to 8 different extensions all at the same time. If no one answers the call, it will continue on to another set of extensions.  (We do not use groups because they do not have the capability to forward call if not answered to begin with.)

Here is what I am needing to do if possible. Sometimes there may be no one at our office and we would like the Mobile App to ring at the exact same time as the normal extensions would in the office.

Thanks
Photo of Ray

Ray

• 812 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 95,060 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ray,  Is it not ringing at all? 

The first thing to check is:  Log into that extension and go to Call Handling & Forwarding > Desktop & Smartphone and make sure it's set to the "On" position. 

If this does not work or there's another issue, let us know. 

Mike 
Photo of Ray

Ray

No my cell phone will never ring with those same settings shown. However if someone dials my direct extension after calling our main number my cell phone will ring with no issues.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

On the mobile app, there are several settings to check.  Select "VoIP Calling" from the main menu.   Make sure the first option "VoIP Calls" is turned on and then look for an option that says "Incoming VoIP Calls" and make sure that setting is turned on.  
Photo of Ray

Ray

Both settings are on within my iPhone App.  Could the issue be that we do *not use the groups feature. We have one main line that then forwards to all other extensions at the same time.

Thanks
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Ray, yes, I think for what you are trying to do, you'll want to create a group. 
Photo of Renee E. Dorsey

Renee E. Dorsey

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have the same issue - my iphone will NOT ring when an inbound call comes into the office - I have the app set up correctly, and it rings if you call it directly - but the app doesn't ring.    
(Edited)
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Hi Renee E. Dorsey, 

If you have it set up as shown above, but the mobile app is still not ringing, then check the settings on the mobile app itself. Go to Settings > My Mobile App Settings > VoIP Calling, and you'll see the screen below.

You'll need to have VoIP Calls turned on, and then make sure you have Over Wi-Fi, or 3G/4G or Wi-Fi selected based on what network you have available. and then Incoming VoIP Calls must be turn on. 

Photo of Renee E. Dorsey

Renee E. Dorsey

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
YES - these settings are all as you say they need to be.    NO RING - as I sit here, I hear my husband's laptop AND Android cell phone ringing with inbound calls - and the iphone app does nothing.    I can call OUT from the app. but inbound it does not ring.  Ios just updated; have your developers upgraded the app?    This WILL be a deal breaker for me to keep this system.   
(Edited)
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

How many seconds do you have it set to before forwarding begins.  It's normal for there to be a little delay before the mobile app starts ringing, but it should ring.  If you've already tried increasing it and still no luck. Then it's probably something on the phone or the mobile app. 

First double check to make sure you are logged in to the correct phone number/extension on the mobile app.  If you are and still no luck, try to uninstall and reinstall the app. If you still have a problem please Open a Case and in your ticket be sure to include the phone number involved and your phone OS version etc. 
Photo of Ray

Ray

Same goes for me, everything appears to be setup correctly. Except my iphone will not ring at the same as the other phones in the office. Now if another softphone in the office called my ext my iphone rings right away.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Hi Ray, 

So is it just when a call gets forwarded to another extension (which is your cell phone)  that it doesn't ring, or is it part of a group?  If all the settings look correct double check and the issue is with forwarded calls, make sure that you are forwarding to the right number.  If you still have an issue please do as I advised Renee above and open a case. 
Photo of David Lykins

David Lykins

• 60 Points
I'm having the same issue.
Photo of Micki Cheers

Micki Cheers

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I've had the same issue since we've been on RC (since 2012). We don't have desktop phones, only mobile apps. We've tested our setup extensively and have not been able to resolve. At times, a subset of the mobiles will ring while at others, no phones will ring and the call will just be missed. There does not seem to be a correlation of the type of phone (ios vs Android) or the carrier. 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Hi Micki,    This issue is generally cause by a problem in the setting in the online account, or the mobile device, or a combination of the two.  We'll be happy to help you troubleshoot, but need to look at the phone number(s) involved and see how the calls are being routed or forwarded, etc.  You are welcome to give us a call, or if you would like to create a private message here and tell us the phone numbers involved, we can look into this for you. Creating a private conversation is the same as a normal conversation except you just click the small check box like shown below, which then makes the post viewable only to you, and myself (or other RingCentral/Company Admins). 

Thanks!
Mike

Photo of Micki Cheers

Micki Cheers

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Mike, but we engaged in a multi-hour troubleshooting session with an RC installer in November 2013. We provided a list of our extensions and our prferred configuration. The issues that I mentioned still persist. 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Thanks.. RC Installer is quite knowledgeable so I'm sure he was thorough.  If you wish you can provide the details via Web Case and our tech support can take a look. Open a Case
Photo of Ray

Ray

I believe our issue was by having the calls sent to my cell phone the calls became double routed and would not work.
Photo of Philip Beauford

Philip Beauford

• 60 Points
None of this will EVER WORK! Like Micki we spent HOURS with cs and absolutely nothing worked. App does not ever ring if not already opened. Even then it is hit and miss.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Philip, we recently pushed out another mobile app update. Make sure you have the latest version. if you've already checked all the settings above you are welcome to open a support case. Open a Case

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.