My softphone crashes every time I open it using Mac OS Mavericks

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Desktop App: crash or blank screen

Photo of Saül Arias-Mendoza

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi, we haven't certified the softphone on Mavericks yet. We aren't even using Mavericks internally, in fact - our IT services team is verifying that it works with all of the apps we depend on (Microsoft Office, etc.). Let me see if we have any near-term plans to make the softphone Mavericks-compatible.
Photo of vzb

vzb

• 64 Points
Any update on this?
Photo of Francois Tiab

Francois Tiab

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have been having frustration with Mavericks also! It is seriously lagging my computer and will randomly crash. It also won't allow me to access the address book...
Photo of mark green

mark green

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am having terrible time. multiple crashes. Can't use headphones. Often crashes on dialing out. Come on RingCentral!
Photo of mark green

mark green

I am having terrible time. multiple crashes. Can't use headphones. Often crashes on dialing out. Come on RingCentral!
Photo of Francois Tiab

Francois Tiab

I'm also having issues that despite listening to the voicemails it isn't showing that it has been listened to. I also can't seem to add to the contacts from soft phone. I have to have it open on my browser also so I can update contacts with incoming phone numbers but the website doesn't auto-refresh when new calls come in so I have to make sure to refresh after each call so I can actually see an accurate record of what's going on.
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

Hi all - apologies for the delayed reply. I just learned we are preparing a refresh of the softphone that should address most if not all of these issues. In the meantime, you may want to use our free app for iOS or Android - it has largely the same functionality as the softphone (minus contact integration with Microsoft Office). Sorry for the hassle.
Photo of Francois Tiab

Francois Tiab

Thank you for the reply - I was starting to think nobody moderated the message board! I figured you were working on something...
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

I'm keeping an eye on things - just didn't want to post until I had more info from our product team. Thanks for your patience.
Photo of mark green

mark green

excellent. can't wait!
Photo of Derek Turner

Derek Turner

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Any update on the softphone update?
Photo of Juan Bermudez

Juan Bermudez

• 60 Points
So much for the update

Photo of Francois Tiab

Francois Tiab

Still can't use it on my computer at work - really fun to get the boss calling in, when I missed a call while indisposed, asking why I hadn't answered a message 2 hrs later when I didn't even know it came in because the app crashed and I hadn't been refreshing the website every minute for the fun of it checking in the off chance a call or message came...  Despite the suggestion of putting the app on my cell phone, I prefer to keep the work phone system off my personal cell phone for all the logical reasons so I guess I get to enjoy this exhausting nuisance until someone decides to get things squared away for OSX - hopefully before the next one comes out and everything goes back to hell.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.