Need ATA with support for two lines per cord for VTech CM18445

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Hi. We are a new potential customer. We recently purchased a VTech CM18445 system and would prefer to keep it. It is analog, not VoIP. The base station supports 2 lines per phone jack/cable (RJ14).

Is there an ATA that works with RingCentral would work with this setup? We basically need to support four lines, but only using two cables. Getting two separate ATAs would be acceptable.

I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions.
Photo of Arturo

Arturo

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • hopeful

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 39,044 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Arturo,

Welcome to our Community Board. Currently we support the Cisco SPA-122 ATA. Now, I'm not sure if it is compatible with the phone you have already purchased but that's something you could ask our Sales Team about - their number is 877-323-8684 or you can chat with them :)
Photo of Arturo

Arturo

Thanks Saadet. I actually got conflicting answers from sales and support on this, but my own research seems to point that this would actually work with some custom wiring. 
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 39,044 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Sorry you got conflicting answers! But I do appreciate you coming back and providing the information you gathered :)
Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 19,518 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Yes, this should work fine. You will need two ATA’s for 4 lines. Then you need to do some custom wiring or find adapters to get the wiring correct to the phones.
Photo of Arturo

Arturo

Thanks Brandon. I have found the same during my research. Here is a link in case it helps somebody else in the future: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r15973363-Two-lines-to-one-jack