Need Custom Aux Codes for Employee Statuses

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
Account Type: US

Business: Higher education/customer service

Description Of Requested Service: Create custom aux codes such as lunch, break, meeting, administrative, etc, for employee statuses to track productivity and time spent. You should be able to see which status employees are actively in, and pull reports to see how frequently or how often they are in those statuses. Simply using "available, unavailable, do not disturb" is not specific enough. I'm unsure how and why this does not already exist. I see requests for it from multiple users over multiple years. 

Use Case: This would allow you to ensure that employees are meeting productivity requirements, such as seeing if employees are spending too much time in a break or lunch status, but also support employees. For example, if they spend a considerable amount of time in an "Administrative" status sending emails or making notes on a customer profile, this could be an indicator that you need to give them more time before they are available for the next call. You'd also be able to easily see which employees are available for incoming calls so that you can ensure your workforce meets the needs of your call volume.

Benefit: Allowing customizable options allows each of your Ring Central customers to create the statuses that make sense for the needs of their business instead of being confined to a pre-built solution that may make things more difficult or confusing for them. This is a very common feature for calling service platforms. This could be the difference in whether or not a customer chooses to purchase or remain with Ring Central.

Number of Users: This feature is easily scalable so that it can support any number of users.

Please consider adding this feature.

Than you.
Photo of Lindi Ragsdale

Lindi Ragsdale

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Frustrated and confused

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Gregory Yaschuk

Gregory Yaschuk, Employee

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Did you try custom message in addition to "Do not disturb" status? This message will be available for all other users.
Photo of Lindi Ragsdale

Lindi Ragsdale

Your customer service representative did not suggest that when I contacted them. I can try that. Is this something that will be logged/saved/tracked where I could run reports off of this?
(Edited)
Photo of Gregory Yaschuk

Gregory Yaschuk, Employee

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
"Is this something that will be logged/saved/tracked where I could run reports off of this?"
Unfortunately, no.
Photo of Lindi Ragsdale

Lindi Ragsdale

In reviewing your community posts, several people have asked for this feature for multiple years. Is there no other way to request that this feature be added? It seems that many of your customers would benefit from it.