Need customizable fax header added to RC Desktop.

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Fax: Bring back, or add additional fields to customize fax cover sheets

For my business-I need the header added to outgoing faxes for the new windows ringcentral system. If they can't add this-I will need to find another system to use.
Photo of Nathalie Kokott Ryczek

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 28,852 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
What's in the header? your fax number, a logo, your company name......
The old soft phone had a function where you could edit the header and add text to it. For me – I used it to add loan numbers to every document that was faxed out of my office. this is crucial for what I do.
Photo of Claudio (Customer)

Claudio (Customer)

• 14,170 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
What about adding the Loan Number into the Notes section on the Cover Page? or better yet, create your own custom cover page with some/all of this fields :

FAX FROM

{Sender Name}
{Sender Company}
{Sender Address}
{Sender City}
{Sender State} {Sender Zip Code}

TO

{Recipient Name}
{Recipient Company}
{Recipient Street}
{Recipient City}
{Recipient State/Country} {Recipient Zip Code}
Phone {Sender Phone}
Fax Number {Sender Fax}
Phone {Recipient Phone}
Fax Number {Recipient Fax}

DATE {Date}
NOTE
{Note}

No that won't work. It has to be on every single page I fax out on the top.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,238 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Nathalie,  This is a pretty unique feature request.  You can submit this as a new "idea" if you would like, so our Product Team can consider this for future development. How do I submit a request for a new Idea or Feature?
It's currently on the old soft phone feature so it's not a new idea. It's just the ability to add a text box-that's it.
(Edited)
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,238 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The old Legacy phone does have a few things that are currently not available in the new RC Desktop app. The new RC Desktop app is actually a completely different piece of software so this is why it would be considered a new feature. At some point the Legacy phone will be retired so it's a good idea to submit feature requests for anything you would like to see in the new version. 
Photo of Claudio (Customer)

Claudio (Customer)

• 14,170 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Nathalie, please forgive me for writing below an idea outside of RingCentral (because the lack of the right solution for you)... but, assuming that you are using a document editor like Word (or other scanning application). You could add a water mark for all that documents, or better yet, to create a header inside of the documents with the loan info.
All the docs I use are PDFs. What the header did was place the loan number at the top of all pages when it faxed out on multiple PDFs I would attach. I send out 100 page packets so this was an easy solution for me.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.