New Analytics is GREAT but you no longer show Unique calls vs Total calls!

• Idea
  • Updated 7 months ago
1) U.S.
2) Multi-location retail business in San Francisco, CA.
3) In Analytics, you used to display Unique (or New) calls instead of just Total Inbound Calls. Now you just show Total Inbound calls so we cannot tell how many calls are from new customers.
4) Each week, we would run the performance report in Analytics to see how many Inbound calls were Unique and from New customers so we can use this data to manage each store manager and their team's call performance more effectively.
5) As managers and owners, it is extremely helpful to see how many calls each week/month are Unique (or New) so we can manage our new customer acquisition into our POS software vs existing customer maintenance.
6) We have 5 users currently and are looking to add more with more locations.
Photo of Tan Bella

Tan Bella

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 8,324 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hey Tan Bella, 

Can you provide a little more clarification on what you mean by unique calls? I don't recall that being an option in the previous analytics portal. 
Photo of Tan Bella

Tan Bella

Hi Jessica,
So I believe it was before you had the analytics portal set up and it was either in the previous reports or just on the Call Log page.  I believe the data showed what were called Unique calls which were just calls from new phone numbers.  So for example, if total calls in a month were 2,500 calls and Unique calls were 1,250 calls, then we would know that 50% of all calls in that month were from new customers.  Basically, what I am looking for is a way to see how many phone numbers have never called before so we can approximate how many new customers are calling so we can measure how much of that opportunity is being captured and converted into actual business.
Thanks!
Peter

• 6,472 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Peter, 

Do you happen to have a copy of one of these old reports so I can try and confirm what tool it originated from? I can switch this conversation to private so others do not have access to your report, or you can email it directly to community.support@ringcentral.com
Photo of Tan Bella

Tan Bella

Hi,
     Unfortunately, I actually don't.  Is there a current way to show new calls vs non-new calls?
Thanks!
Peter

• 6,472 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
There's not unfortunately.  
Photo of Zubayr Kamal

Zubayr Kamal

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Are there plans to implement this? It's incredibly helpful to see how many new callers we get every week
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 62,256 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Not at this time, Zubayr. If that changes, we will update this thread :)
Photo of Zubayr Kamal

Zubayr Kamal

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Analytics: How to track number of new callers we have - as in people that have ne....

Analytics: How to track number of new callers we have - as in people that have never called us before