New Plantronics Voyager Focus UC B825 is causing RingCentral to crash on my computer.

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic.

Every time I connect my new headset RingCentral crashes on my computer. When I'm using an old logitech headset with a USB cord there is no problem. I was hoping a crazy expensive headset would be actually useful. 
Photo of Dawn Stressman

Dawn Stressman

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Frustrated

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 89,770 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Dawn,  First can you go to Settings > sound and try to toggle the Plantronics headset switch, off to on or vice versa and let us know if that helps. 

If you don't see that switch see what version you are running.  Bottom left arrow. 
Photo of Dawn Stressman

Dawn Stressman

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
If I connect the headset and then open RingCentral with the Plantronics Headset option turned off it does not crash but I don't get to have any of the cool features of the headset like answering or ending calls. I'm using RingCentral 9.2.4

If I have RingCentral already open and then connect my headset it crashes RingCentral. If I have the Plantronics Headset toggle switched on it crashes frequently - if I have the toggle switched off then it only crashes when I first connect.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 84,768 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I noticed you were on two threads with this issue. Based on this info, please open a support case here: 
Photo of Rob Moreland

Rob Moreland

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Dawn/Mike-
I am using the Plantronics UC Voyager headset and am experiencing the same or similar issues. My Ringcentral version is up to date, as is the firmware for my headset and the dongle. Have you installed the Plantronics Hub software? I have been troubleshooting and I seem to be able to solve the problem by uninstalling the Hub software. I am still testing, but you might give that a try. Headset can run without the Hub software, and it can be reinstalled after somebody fixes the error.
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 27,898 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for that info, Rob! Please let us know how it goes :)
Photo of Rob Moreland

Rob Moreland

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have been running since my last post with zero crashes.  Looks like the bug is indeed in the Hub software.  You might share this info with the support team.  It looks like there are others experiencing this problem, and when I had a case open I do not believe that support was aware of this "solution."  Thanks.
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 27,754 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the information, Rob. I will pass this along :)
Photo of Craig Lohman

Craig Lohman

• 694 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Rob.  Just received the Voyager Focus UC and noticed the same problem with the RingCentral for Windows app crashing minutes after turning the headset on.  I tried uninstalling the Plantronics Hub software and it looks like it may have fixed the issue.  Would be nice to have the functionality available in the Hub software.  Maybe RingCentral can work on making both products play nicely with each other.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.