New USB headset for Polycom VVX500, remember volume setting...

• Question
  • Updated 12 months ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
I just 'inherited' a Logitech usb headset (not sure of model number) to use with my Polycom VVX 500 phone.  It works great, but after each call, the volume level resets to the middle volume setting.  I would like for it to 'remember' the previous volume level and found this article (http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-How-can-set-the-Handset-Speaker-Headset-volume-to-a/td-p/48), but need help implementing.  Can someone give me an idea how to accomplish something like this?

Thanks in advance...
Photo of Mitchell Knell

Mitchell Knell

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 26,484 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I use a Logitech ClearChat Comfort/USB Headset H390, but for my softphone.  Therefore settings are in the sound card program of the PC.  My understanding is Polycom phones are only compatible with Jabra and Plantronics USB headsets. 
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

Photo of Mitchell Knell

Mitchell Knell

hmm that was odd with the jpg...

we are a small company, we don't have an IT department.  The reason I posted this to the community is so I could try to avoid having to speak with RC tech support...I guess if I don't receive any help through this post, I'll go that route...

Thanks for your replies...
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 91,814 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Mitchell,  for this issue, I would recommend starting with Logitech, then Polycom.  We don't have any tested or recommended Logitech devices so it we won't be able to troubleshoot very well from our end. 

Perhaps another Community member has experience. If so please chime in. 

Mike
Photo of Mitchell Knell

Mitchell Knell

so after reading Danno's comment about using the softphone, I went that route (plugging into my PC)...it seems to work much better, but the only issue I am seeing now is that I cannot figure out how to have my softphone ring WITHOUT having my cellphone ring as well (but I guess that's an issue for another thread)...
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

That's a feature request already - vote.  For me, I just set my cellphone to vibrate so it doesn't ring.  That's mt temporary work around.
Photo of Mitchell Knell

Mitchell Knell

For me, I just set my cellphone to vibrate so it doesn't ring.  That's mt temporary work around.

that's what I've done...if you have a link to the feature request I will vote for it too...
Photo of Christopher Olson

Christopher Olson

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I had the same problem here is the solution:

https://www.bahjeez.com/persisting-the-volume-on-the-polycom-vvx-500-with-a-usb-headset/

You have to update the VVX500 config file to have persistent headset volume.