Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 66,064 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Rona, I've flipped this to a feature request
Photo of Lisa

Lisa, Champion

• 1,910 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Thank you, Saadet! Many in our company cannot switch to the new app unless the RingOut option is available. 

Totally understandable! Hopefully it gets added soon :)
Photo of Teresa Fontanilla

Teresa Fontanilla

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I need this feature too.  I  work for two companies that both use RingCentral. It's already hard enough to have one  RingCentral app viewed on my desktop and the other through the web browser.   

Photo of miniPCR Team

miniPCR Team

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is ridiculous! how sneaky to remove such a useful feature to try and force users to convert to Telephony. Horrible practice. Please bring back RingOut Feature ASAP!!!
Photo of Ted Jaffe

Ted Jaffe, Official Rep

• 2,896 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi everyone,
Is your primary use case for RingOut to be able to click to initiate a call on the app but then take the call from your desk phone?  Or is it something else? If so please let us know what your problem is we need to solve and we will solve it :)

(Edited)
Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson, Champion

• 3,822 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
This is a great feature for people who want to use the computer app as a companion to the desk phone. It's a bit too cumbersome to try and flip the call to desk phone after it's initiated and would be much smoother to just 'ring out' the call to start with.
Photo of miniPCR Team

miniPCR Team

Agree 100%. Why not just restore the RingOut feature to the new app? It was there to begin with... and users (like us) loved it. Why remove it in the first place?
Photo of Ted Jaffe

Ted Jaffe, Official Rep

We hear you!  It's on our list of features to complete on the new RC app (it wasn't there before - sorry its a known gap with the RC Phone app which is a different app). 

We may circle back with some of you for more details when we're ready to develop this.  Thanks as always for sharing your feedback.
Photo of miniPCR Team

miniPCR Team

Correct. We want to be able to initiate outbound calls and transfer them to our regular phones, as per usual RingOut practice. Thank you for your attention to this.

Photo of Ted Jaffe

Ted Jaffe, Official Rep

OK - got it.  Thank you for clarifying. 

As a short term workaround keep in mind you can 'Flip' an already active call to your deskphone (on both desktop and mobile apps).  If you need assistance figuring this out don't hesitate to reach out: ted.jaffe@ringcentral.com
Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson, Champion

Will the desktop app ever be aware of an existing call on the desk phone and allow you to switch to desktop?

Official Response
Hi all! The RingOut option is on the roadmap :) The mobile app will receive the update sometime in Q3 (as long as all goes well!) and the desktop app will receive the feature next year. More details to come later!
Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson, Champion

That's kinda good news.  Just bizarre that something that can be done via the RC portal today (and I think can be programmed for other places via a Call Me button) is going to take until 2020 to end up in the new application.

Hey Bob, this is part of the feature parity initiatives that the Product Team is working on :) There's lots to do so it's going to take some time. Thanks for being so patient! 
Photo of Asia Brumwell

Asia Brumwell

• 60 Points
Hi everyone,

Until now I've used RingOut on the Office@Hand app to initiate international calls (Canada to U.S.) without getting (personally) charged long distance fees.  I liked the flexibility of having the calls come to either my cell or home phone.  How do I make long distance calls now? When I just initiated calls in the Office@Hand app without using RingOut, I always got charged long distance fees.
Photo of Jacob Hundley

Jacob Hundley

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi everyone,

While we await the update from RingCentral to be able to use RingOut from the app I have found a short term solution for Google Chrome. I installed the RingCentral for Office 365 extension for Chrome and am now able to click-to-dial when browsing on web pages and via my CRM.

I realize this doesn't change the fact that it doesn't integrate directly with the new app however it's at least a quick solution until integration is live from the Dev team.

Hope this helps!

(P.S. - I call directly from the app/computer as I don't have an integrated desktop phone so I'm not sure if it will work for anyone integrated in this way. If not hopefully it's an easy workaround to figure ou!)

Thanks for the workaround, Jacob :) 

The mobile app should be receiving the RingOut option the first week of July :) Still waiting for more details about the desktop app
Photo of Liam Zhang

Liam Zhang, Employee

• 618 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
RingOut feature is now available on RingCentral app (Mobile). Try it out and provide us some feedback.

It would be great if you can provide some use cases for RingOut feature.
Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson, Champion

RingOut is very useful for people who primarily use a desk phone, but their phone directory is available on desktop in the RingCentral app.  They can look up in the directory, click to dial, then (at least using the old RingCentral Phone app) their desk phone rings and they pick it up to initiate the call.

It's also useful if you receive an e-mail from someone and their number is in their signature, or you're on a web site, a PC application, or anywhere else you can copy a phone number from.  Paste into the app, dial, and the call rings on the desk phone.
Photo of Liam Zhang

Liam Zhang, Employee

Thanks for clarifying the use case.
Photo of Liam Zhang

Liam Zhang, Employee

Currently, we don't support RingOut on iPad, I wonder how strong is the request on the iPad.
Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson, Champion

I have no idea, but in general I would say that customers appreciate consistency in functionality and would likely expect, where possible, to have the app work the same or similar on all devices.  If RingOut was available on iPhone, how hard would it be to integrate that same feature into iPad?
Photo of Liam Zhang

Liam Zhang, Employee

Surely, It's not a big effort to do so. However, lots of features and request are piling up and waiting for prioritizing. We will try to make it happen with iPad in short period.