Export user list on Professional accounts.

• Idea
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • (Edited)
Our users want a company phone directory (on an excel spreadsheet with names, direct dial numbers and ext.).  Nothing fancy - but there is no way to quickly and easily export this from the system.  Hard to believe but true.  Tech support advised me to enter an official 'feature request' for this!
Photo of Patrick

Patrick

• 414 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Chris

Chris

• 448 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This would be incredibly useful. Has there been any update on this?
Photo of Claudio (Customer)

Claudio (Customer)

• 13,910 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I'm pretty sure I was writing an answer some days ago about this topic... can't find now... (considering this post it has 8 month old maybe the history was lost?) so here it goes again:

1) Go to RingCentral Portal with admin access
2) In the Users section, select with the mouse, the at the very top left and drag down until the very bottom right.
3) Copy
4) Paste in an empty spreadsheet (excel, google docs, open office, etc)
5) Adjust the wide/size of the cells and voila!
Photo of Patrick

Patrick

Thanks for your help, Claudio - It is very much appreciated.  While that does save us from the drudgery of retyping each name / number / extension, it will only paste into a single column in Excel. This effectively means that in order to get a usable company phone directory (in alphabetical order), someone still has a cut and paste them into sortable columns.  Pure. Torture.  The urgent plea for an official 'feature request' for an export function that could make this quick and painless stands!

Claudio (Customer)

From that column in excel, you can extract the data easily without copy/paste to create other columns: for user name, for extension, other for direct phone #. If you don't feel comfortable working with formulas, I can send you a template...
(Edited)
Photo of Patrick

Patrick

Wow - that would be super helpful.  Thanks Claudio!!

Claudio (Customer)

Feel free to make suggestions https://goo.gl/f9EOG1
And please let me know if works for you...
(Edited)
Photo of kendall carpenter

kendall carpenter

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I need to PRINT a company directory of my RC users, phone numbers and extensions.....

I need to PRINT a company directory of my RC users, phone numbers and extension. I don't want to type all this into a spreadsheet or Word doc. Customer Support tells me there is no way to print this off from the Admin Portal. WHAT!!!! How is that possible? Does anyone else wish they could print off a company directory?
Photo of Matthew Joseph

Matthew Joseph

• 252 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Add the ability to export a list of Users, Numbers, and Serial Numbers.

i want to export a full list of users, numbers and emails associated
Photo of Kyle Hayes

Kyle Hayes

• 278 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Export Company Contacts List or Roster.

Does the company administrator have the ability to export a list of company contacts? I am unable to locate this feature. You'd think this feature would be available within reports at the least. I'd like to have the ability to export the company list into an Excel spreadsheet.
Photo of Sonia Singh

Sonia Singh, Official Rep

• 1,080 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This feature will be in the release that is rolling out and should be completed soon.  Availability might vary depending on your RingCentral Service Plan.  
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,434 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Thank you all for requesting this feature.  It is available in the ADMIN portal and will be rolled out to our customers over several weeks and updates.  

Please see HERE for a related Feature Request for the Address of the User's that is downloaded. 
(Edited)
This comment is a year old. I just called support and they told me the feature is still not available for our version of Ring Central.
Photo of A V A LOGISTICS

A V A LOGISTICS

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Will we ever get this?
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 92,916 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Just to confirm, this feature has been implemented, but it does not appear on any "one-user" accounts.  The interface changed a few months ago when it was added so the screenshot Kim posted is a little outdated. 

To access the download link you must be viewing as an Admin.  Click:  Users > User List > Download User list.

Photo of Debbi Kiebler

Debbi Kiebler

• 76 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I use ProBusiness.  When will it be available to me?
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Hi Debbie,  I don't know of any plans to release this on the Professional plans, so, I'm going to edit the title, and re-open this feature request. 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Official Response
This feature is available on Office accounts. If you'd like to see it added on Professional accounts please vote.

Mike 
Photo of Debbi Kiebler

Debbi Kiebler

• 76 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Many thanks!  Is there any way to let me know if it happens?
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 51,702 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Debbie, we'll update this thread to let people know if/when it happens. You'll receive an email about it :)