no allowance for any pauses in between pressing digits when dialing a phone number

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

Is there a way to increase the "pause allowance" when dialing the digits of a phone number? For example, when dialing a number I am not familiar with (say I'm reading it off of a piece of paper), I find that I have to be really quick on the draw, otherwise I'm told, "I'm sorry you've entered an incorrect extension". It's really frustrating because the phone barely allows for any delay in between pressing each number. Is there a way to change this? Thanks for your help.
Photo of Kara

Kara

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Cli

Cli

• 64 Points
This is very frustrating!  Is there no answer to this?  Anyone?
Photo of Brian Burgess

Brian Burgess

• 70 Points
Boy, I feel the same way.  It's really silly how fast the system cuts you off.
Photo of Evan Allen

Evan Allen

• 228 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
getting an extension connected instead of waiting for the other 4-7 digits is confusing and frustrating
Photo of Erik Antoniuk

Erik Antoniuk

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
If you dial the number while leaving the handset on the hook it will not automatically connect.

The reason why its automatically connecting is due to the phone's internal dial plan, which you cannot change unless you have unlocked phones.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.