Notification email removed?

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Answered
I was checking / changing programming for a customer and i realized there is no longer a place to put the email where the voicemails should be sent. does the extension now only require the 1 email in the user details? how do i make sure my wav files will be sent to the correct person?
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 14,524 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
  • wav-y

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 26,484 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It's still there.  Just make sure you select "advanced settings" when you are in notification.
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 14,318 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
bingo
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

any pointers on how to change user hours? i seem to have lost all ability to find easy stuff
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

Click on User Details then select Settings & Permissions
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

Photo of Michel

Michel, Champion

• 2,084 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
> Users (select user extension)
> User Details  (expand / open this section)
> Settings & Permissions (select this tab / panel)

The new users extension interface does improve not having to scroll so much, but it visually needs to highlight the separation and existence of the tab/panels in each section better.
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

thats why im getting lost. i used to be able to click and seewhat i wanted to change now theres extra clicks and hidden menus, i feel like a treasure hunter sometimes haha. thanks for the help guys!!!
Photo of Donna

Donna

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm having an issue where the email is in the correct place but user is not getting the emails. I have tried reentering the info but that didn't work. Any suggestions?
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Donna, have you verified that there are no rules and security settings on the User's email server that would keep the email from coming in? Have they checked their Spam folders? 

Could you share a screen shot of what types of Notifications the User is set to receive right now?
Photo of Donna

Donna

I have personally checked his spam and there are no emails there. Here is a snip of his voicemail settings. Any help  would be appreciated. 

And so if someone leaves a voicemail on that extension, the User doesn't receive an email? Can you share the extension number with me so I can take a closer look?
Photo of Donna

Donna

x132

Hmmm....nothing in your Settings seems wrong. Have you checked to verify there are no spelling typos in the email address?
Photo of Donna

Donna

yes. I have even changed it to my email address and tested it. It still failed.

Well that extension is just being rude! :P

I would create a new extension for that User, move their stuff over, and see if you're still having the issue
Photo of Donna

Donna

lol yes it is.. Is there an easy way to transfer his stuff over or do we have to recreate?

You'll have to start from scratch. You can move their phone/phone number over super easy (by reassigning the Existing Device to the new extension). But the other stuff will have to be recreated