Odd/funny sound is made when connecting when making outgoing calls then ringtones are heard

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate.  If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

when someone dials out or connects to a extension; the sounds heard is first this funny/odd electronic sound then after a bit you hear the ringtone .. anyone have a solution or is having is this issue?  Just recently started doing this... and checked all setting.. all outgoing sounds are set to ringtones.
Photo of OK Tire

OK Tire

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Travis Ransom

Travis Ransom

• 206 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same issue.  Just started today for us and only seems to happen to other Ring Central phones.  I only know this, in my case, because we have multiple RC accounts setup.
Photo of John Nichols

John Nichols

• 60 Points
Ours too!
Photo of Matthew Dobbs

Matthew Dobbs

• 128 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi,

So I found this.  Looks like they have added a connecting tone. 

New sound before call is connected

You will now hear a different sound as your call is in the process of being connected. Once your call has been connected, you will then hear the regular ringtone that you are used to hearing when the phone is ringing on the other end. Listen to the sound.

Photo of TB

TB

• 72 Points
new FTC ruling that says they can't have a ringing tone since it is VOIP, and they have that sound instead of dead air. they've received hundreds of complaints and are looking into alternatives, but for now, we're stuck with it.
Photo of TB

TB

• 72 Points
I should add that the more people that call in and complain, the faster the issue would be corrected (at least the person I talked to implied that. He said he would add my name to the "list") Number: 888-898-4591 
Photo of Grandview Shutters

Grandview Shutters

• 60 Points
I find this interesting since we just today started experiencing this "new" ringtone.  Is this a slow roll out or was it supposed to be immediate?  I work out of a separate office and the ringtone I have on my phone is the same while my employee at our main office has the weird harp-type ring tone.  She also isn't able to connect after it finishes.  This just started today.  Related?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.