Options to remove the missed call notifications on desk phones

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
In a call center environment on desk phones notification of missed calls cannot be cleared.  We assign user "location" and turn off messaging and notifications.  The phone though shows number of missed calls on screen which cannot be cleared by non-user.  I would like to be able to deactivate the missed call notification on phone or clear immediately for this case.  Call center features are managed by our call center sw - missed calls and count of calls are irrelevant 
Photo of Eric Callagher

Eric Callagher

• 434 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Jessica Atcheson

Jessica Atcheson

• 62 Points
Yes, would love to be able to turn off the missed call notifications for ring-group calls altogether. Including on the chrome integrated app, too! 
Photo of Bill Crossfire

Bill Crossfire

• 60 Points
Me too.    I got a call 2 days ago and the screen on my desktop phone keeps saying "1 new missed call".    THere should be a way to clear this out by the user (please).

Photo of Nathan Polonski

Nathan Polonski

• 186 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I get countless "missed call" notifications on my phones for ring groups / queues. This is unnecessary as someone will always "miss" the call. 
Photo of Doug Utecht

Doug Utecht

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Really?  How can this still be an issue after the first comment 2 years ago?  Yikes, seems like something easy to fix.  Clearly, they aren't checking this feedback much.
Photo of Chris Weike

Chris Weike

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I looked at the Yealink support site and apparently it is possible to switch the missed call notification off in the web interface. However, when trying to log into the Yealink web interface, I am getting an error and a 'non authorized' note.
Photo of Marc Arnold

Marc Arnold

• 60 Points
I agree.  This is SOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying and there has to be a way to fix it.  We have a small office and phones are set to whoever is not busy answers it and it posts missed call memos on all the other phones.  When you get 100 plus calls a day,  it get's old having that memo blocking your phone screen and red light flashing all day long on our Yealink phones.
Photo of Chris Weike

Chris Weike

I spoke to RC and they allow access to the web interface of the phone, which might give us an option to change those settings. However, they state that it will void the warranty of the phone. Doesn't make much sense, why RC wouldn't want us to have all available features.
Photo of FireFishMike

FireFishMike

• 440 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

I have a Yealink deskphone and that missed call dialog pisses me off too.

Disable it easily.
Photo of Chris Weike

Chris Weike

...but they told you that you will lose your warranty for the phone? You had to get a code to get access to the phone interface, right?
Photo of Eric Callagher

Eric Callagher

Posted this like 3 years ago.  Kind of still exists but we have just grown accustomed to it I suppose.  Moving many of the phones to Limited Extensions I stopped getting complaints and the red LED no longer blinks on and on and on.  Limited extension still show missed calls but the alert is less annoying ... still think it would be a good addition to provisioning in *turn off missed call notifications 
Photo of Eric Callagher

Eric Callagher

I'm on polycoms I am sure they could be manually configured as well - but that is a lot of manually configuring.   Small office ok , big office with multiple sites not gonna do it by hand