Panasonic KX-TG6461E - CiscoSPA112 - Call Transfer

• Question
  • Updated 12 months ago
  • Answered
Hello All,

I'm a RC newbie.

My analogue Panasonic allows me to speak to RC extensions by dialling 301# or 302# etc.
Is it possible for me to transfer an incoming call to an extension using the Panasonic dial pad, please?

Equipment: Panasonic KX-TG6461E - CiscoSPA112

Cheers for any help, Guy Smith.
Photo of Guy Smith FOAB

Guy Smith FOAB

• 326 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 26,484 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
While active on the call, dial ##, then enter ext number followed by #.
Photo of Guy Smith FOAB

Guy Smith FOAB

Excellent works very well thank you.
Apparently, that is called a "cold" transfer i.e. the call is just transferred straight away.
Do you know how to do a "warm" transfer, please? i.e . where I speak to the extension first.
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

Check this link out and see if it makes sense and answers your question.
https://success.ringcentral.com/articles/RC_Knowledge_Article/1169?retURL
(Edited)
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

Plan B - you can also PARK the call.  Then call the user and tell them the Park location where their call is.
Photo of Guy Smith FOAB

Guy Smith FOAB

Photo of Guy Smith FOAB

Guy Smith FOAB

Hello All,

Thank you for your replies. I have also had loads of suggestions from RC support.

I have further studied the RC article 1169 "Transferring a Call Using Touch Tone Command".

I have tested and edited down these instructions to enable me to Warm transfer a call from my desk phone to one of our extensions.

Here they are:

Warm Transfer Dial ## to place the caller on hold. NOTE: When you place the call on hold by pressing ##, you will hear “You have a call on hold, to return to the call, press #. To transfer this call to an extension, dial the Extension number. For more options, press *”

Press the star key (*). NOTE: When you press the * key, you will hear “To transfer this call, press 1. To cancel, press **”

Press 1. NOTE: When you press the number 1, you will hear “Please enter the phone number (i.e. 01494216??? or quick dial number (Flip Number) and then press #. To cancel, press **”

Enter the phone number where you want to transfer the call then after speaking to the recipient press # to complete the transfer.

The only problem with this fix is after I dial the 01494216??? number, there is about 5 seconds of verbal advice, about options, before the call actually starts ringing on my colleague's phone.

If there were a simple way to warm transfer to the extension instead of the number that would be preferable. Would this be a better solution to my problems: 

Would ditching the Cisco router and Panasonic desk phone and installing Polycom VVX-101 make call transfers quicker? The spec says: "Call Forwarding enabled"

If ordered from RC would it come already programmed?

Cheers for any more help, Guy.
Photo of Luke

Luke, U.S. Tier 1 Support

• 3,814 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
It is not possible to do a warm transfer with a non-supported deskphone at this time. I think Danno hit the nail on the head by recommending call park.

You can park a call, then call the other extension that you need to confer with prior to them picking up the call. Then you can advise that person on which extension the call was parked on and they can pick it up after you end the call.

There are detailed instructions on our Using Call Park page.
Photo of Guy Smith FOAB

Guy Smith FOAB

Thank you.
Can you please tell sales and telephone support this please? Because they are convinced that it is possible!

Would ditching the Cisco router and Panasonic desk phone and installing Polycom VVX-101 make call transfers quicker? The spec says: "Call Forwarding enabled"
If ordered from RC would it come already programmed?

Cheers Guy.