People are complaining that our RC number is calling them by itself

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
RC number dialing others by itself. People have been calling back telling us they missed our calls even when we never initiated any calls. The RC technical support have not been of help, as a matter of fact, they told us it's not only us and it's out of their scope. It is annoying.
Does anyone have a solution to this?
Photo of Woodlands Golden

Woodlands Golden

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • sad,frustrated and the technical support has been on zero help at this time.

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Jeremy Proctor

Jeremy Proctor

• 86 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Its probably spoofing. We've had that happen prior on VOIP lines and cell lines.
Photo of Christopher Olson

Christopher Olson

• 258 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
What type of phones do you have?  I had this issue and after a lengthy trouble shooting effort they suggested getting rid of the VVX500 phones (upgrade to VVX501 or downgrade to the VVX401) that i had as they could be dailing presence users or contacts randomly.  
Photo of Woodlands Golden

Woodlands Golden

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
It's a Cisco SPA525G2. Funny thing is the numbers being called are not on our contact. I'm guessing its spoofing.

Christopher Olson

they suggested I switch to the 501 and 401 as well but you can also check the firmware in the web interface and upgrading to the latest one they support ( i think 5.6.0 for the VVX500 and VVX400 fixes it as well.  It is usually calling the presence numbers in my case.  

Christopher Olson

Otherwise I support the spoofing theory check all passwords on the phones and reset them if possible.
Photo of Sandra Jarmon

Sandra Jarmon

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
We had that issue on two of the phones in our office.  The phones were reset a few times and then eventually replaced.  It was the desktop phone itself that was causing the issues.  Since replacing the telephone units themselves, it has not happened again.
Photo of Sandra Jarmon

Sandra Jarmon

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
We had that issue with two of the desktop phones.  Once they were replaced, the problem has not happened again.