I've done some searching and couldn't find this. I want to make sure I'm not missing it, but shouldn't the meetings app automatically change my phone app to "busy" or "in a meeting" or something???
We migrated from MS Skype for Business and enjoyed the "Presence" functionality it offered. Since moving to RC, I still don't fully understand how and what factors affect the displayed status. I agree that it should read from your Outlook calendar and update your status automatically. At least for your scheduled RC meetings, if not all of your Outlook meetings. This includes Glip as well.
Unfortunately the app status won't automatically update when in an RC Meeting, or based on an Outlook event. However, I think this is an excellent feature request. Anyone else who would like to see this please chime in with your ideas. ie.
- Auto update when in an RC Meeting
- Sync/update status based on Outlook events
I agree with utilizing a 'presence' style status on Ring Central for Windows, and moving to 'Busy' or DND when inside a meeting.
- Auto Update on RC meeting
- Auto Update the Physical Phone based on Desktop App and visa versa (i.e. if I am on the phone it should show that I am busy in all places where I have a status or HUD)
- Sync on Outlook would also be great!