Phone app vs New Ring app, Incoming Call, Caller ID and 888 Number Dialed

• Idea
  • Updated 5 months ago
Phone app vs New Ring app Incoming Call information:
Caller ID and 888 Number they Dialed
(knowing which 888 number your customer is calling !!!}

Phone App (perfect) vs. New Ring App (not working // features missing)

Phone app:
Incoming calls show:

To: (the 888 number they dialed)

From Customer: (caller id)
ABC Corporation
773-456-1235
Mon 2/24/2020 9:35 am

Call to: (number called)
888-555-2365

this way we can answer the call appropriately knowing which number they dialed
(with ten / incoming 888 numbers / departments / entities)
888 - mcdonalds
888 - burger king
888 - united airlines

Phone app Call log:
(i) more information button in the call log
click the (i) button for more information
To: the 888 number dialed

_____

New Ring app:
(only shows call id, nothing else)

ABC Corporation
773-456-1235

To: 888 number they dialed
*** nothing ***

(i): more information button
*** nothing ***

_____

Summary: 
We need (both) features on the New Ring app

caller id
To: 
the number they dialed  (so we can answer appropriately)

just copy everything you have from the existing PHONE APP !!!
Photo of Customer Support

Customer Support

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Becky - Community Support

Becky - Community Support, Official Rep

• 4,760 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
We understand you have an issue and we'd like to discuss it further with you, but will be deleting the spam messages you have been posting on all the other threads, as it violates our terms of use. 
Please email us at Community.Support@RingCentral.com if we can assist you directly. 

Customer Support

I've been speaking with customer support over the phone for 4 weeks now... they told me today to come here and post the issue with the community as well as give ideas to the Dev team for the phone app / Ring Glip app transition in April. I am not spamming, i am just commenting and supporting other posts with the same concerns we have with the transition. This seems like a very simple fix - Phone app works GREAT - Ring Glip is missing ALL Features. Feel free to reach out to me if you can.
Photo of Becky - Community Support

Becky - Community Support, Official Rep

• 4,760 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
I appreciate that you're frustrated and we're doing our best to address the issues as we can with the support of the product team.
In the meantime, excessive repetitive posts of the same content across the Community will be removed. 
Even in light of the frustration, we're tasked with keeping this a positive forum and ask that you respect the space.

Customer Support

Well it seems that you deleted ALL of my posts/comments including my original suggestions for the phone app - Ring Glip - feature gaps.

Within 5 minutes of posting, I was getting likes & comments from other users. seems like it was gaining traction... others agree and you just want to ban & silence us before we gain more support & awareness to the matter.

Its not spam when we voice our concerns with honest feedback.
Photo of Stephens

Stephens

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
When I received an email with the first message listed above, I thought this was a comment from RingCentral, not an outside user and an ongoing thread.

We prepared a reply based on the issue as we see it. (We do not know the difference between the 2 apps you seem to be discussing).

Our issue is the caller ID display on Outbound calls should be to display customized and appropriate caller ID labels. With this capacity, our legitimate business callbacks (we only callback people who call us first), don't look like a robo call because there is no caller ID on the returning call back number.

Here is my response regarding the issue of the outbound caller ID:

OUTGOING CALLS is the issue regardless of which app you’re talking about

This is the important piece missing for callbacks from a call center back to the original customer/caller 

OUTGOING CALLS

To -- Customer

Issue – Because of so many robo calls, many people do not pick up the phone on callbacks because there is no visible caller ID from the callback number.

Concept to achieve:

Call center can choose any line to call back a customer, depending on the customer's original location

Customer sees correct caller ID for each line on their phone. Examples:

805 – line 1 (Oxnard Pizza) caller ID 

562 - line 2 (Norwalk Pizza) caller ID 

702 - line 3 (Las Vegas Pizza) caller ID 

Achieving this flexibility would greatly increase our response rate and productivity. 

Photo of Stephens

Stephens

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We tried to move remove our response from this thread as the topic is not appropriate for our issue, plus the last email we received from this thread talked about throwing middle fingers. We are not looking for other people's frustration venting. We are looking for solutions. 

Since we messed up and now can't move the comment to caller ID outbound thread, we'll just repost in another thread and ignore this one.
(Edited)