Phone Number Error: When Adding Custom Handling Rules

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic. Thank you The RingCentral C

Good Evening,

Tonight I went into our main user extension (super admin) to set up custom call handling rules (User > Call Handling & Forwarding > Advanced) for the holidays next week. I configured my custom rule, but on 'save' I was given an error, "This phone number cannot be the same as your account number or any additional numbers." My initial thought was that the phone number set as 'Contact Phone' under "User Info" was a duplicate, so I changed the phone number to something unique and saved. I went back to set up my custom rule and, once again, on save I got the same error.

What am I missing?

1) Office, USA
2) NA
3) Above
4) To find out why the error is occuring so I can save my custom rule
5) Above
6) Using Chrome Version 47.0.2526.106 m, Windows 10 Desktop
Photo of Brandon Scivolette

Brandon Scivolette, Champion

• 1,934 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,808 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Do you still need help with this?  Can you provide details as to the rule you are trying to set up?  Let us know if you still need help, or if you've called in or already received assistance? 

Still need help as I haven't been able to save my rules. Simple rule really, just setting the primary user extension to take messages only on specific dates and times. I've used this rule for years without issue, including less than a month ago when I set up a custom rule for Thanksgiving.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Go ahead and give us a call at 888-898-4591. 

I figured it out. It was partially related to the 'Contact' phone number for the user extension listed in the 'User Info' tab. While I did update that to be a unique number, apparently when saving RC also added it to the additional numbers under the 'Call Handling & Forwarding" tab. Even though the number was inactive it still caused the validation for a unique number to fail.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Thanks for the follow up!  Let us know if you need anything else. 

Mike 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.