Why doesn't my Polycom IP 335 HD IP phone ring?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate.  If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

My phone will not ring. Lights blink when a call is coming in, and I can hear and talk fine...It makes no sound when ringing and it is set to medium trill. Also, doesn't make a sound when increasing the ringer volume. I've rebooted several times.
Photo of Julie Van Dyke

Julie Van Dyke

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

• 7,270 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Julie,

I think you might have Presence enabled on your desk phone. Can you take a look here and disable it?

http://success.ringcentral.com/articles/RC_Knowledge_Article/5-10-Presence-Overview

Thanks.

Desiree
Photo of Julie Van Dyke

Julie Van Dyke

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Desiree - that did not work.

Thanks,
Julie
Photo of alex d

alex d

• 2,488 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I have a similar problem, I'll be at my desk, not using the phone for several minutes.
And I will get a text indicating I missed a call !!!
I have reviewed the call forwarding / handling options repeatedly, even with RC tech support. It keeps happening !!!
Besides this, call handling options and sequencing needs to be improved.
Makes no sense that iPhone App takes precedence over desk phone.
Photo of alex d

alex d

• 2,488 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I have a similar problem, I'll be at my desk, not using the phone for several minutes.
And I will get a text indicating I missed a call !!!
I have reviewed the call forwarding / handling options repeatedly, even with RC tech support. It keeps happening !!!
Besides this, call handling options and sequencing needs to be improved.
Makes no sense that iPhone App takes precedence over desk phone.
Photo of Sam Colvin

Sam Colvin

• 60 Points
This started happening to me when I had a notification sent for missed calls.

I turned this off, and the problem went away!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.