phone goes straight to voicemail but I do not have do not disturb enabled

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Troubleshooting Calls going straight to voicemail

I'd like to have my phone ring at my desk but I can't get it to work. I DO NOT have do not disturb enabled. Can you help. Thanks.
Photo of Carine B

Carine B

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,716 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Carine, have you checked your hours of operation? Are they set correctly

Has it ever worked?

Have you logged in. I have seen if you do not validate your E911 information this could be a problem

I am sure this is solvable

Contact me directly

ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello, were you able to sort this out? Forwarding is usually pretty straightforward to set up - just go to Settings > My Settings > Call Handling & Forwarding and add the number you want calls to reach. Make sure the ring number is set to at least 4 or 5.

If you're talking about a desk phone from RC that isn't working, that could be more complex. You may want to open a support ticket with us to ensure there isn't anything wrong with the phone itself.
Photo of Tom Teeples

Tom Teeples

• 60 Points
I am also having the problem where calls never ring and go to voicemail.  I checked and the DND setting is off.    Calls used to come in on this number
Photo of Paul

Paul

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am having the same problem:  the caller hears our auto-attendant, they make their selection, then they hear the music and are connected to voicemail.  I am available to answer the call, but it is never forwarded.  This happens with about 40% of all calls coming to my Ring Central #s.  Some go through just fine, some don't.  All of my settings are correct and have been verified by Ring Central techs (I have an active support case open for this which is not yielding any solutions).  Please help, I'm losing business with every missed call.  Also, what alternatives do I have to Ring Central for a VOIP service that actually works.  Anyone have any suggestions?
Photo of Paul

Paul

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Another issue I'm having is that my Ring Central 888 # is blocked for some callers.  (I find this out when people I know try calling and can't get through, so they try another #).  They get a "this # can not be dialed" type of message.  I'm not sure if it is certain providers that block Ring Central #s, or VOIP in general?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,716 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Did you check the block list for those source phone numbers?

I was just working with someone that has a bunch of numbers in the blocked list and was thinking people could not get to them

Removing the numbers from the blocked list fixed the issue.

Check it out

Thanks

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of Chas Stevens

Chas Stevens

• 198 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We're having a similar issue.  Does not appear to be an issue with company hours/DND/blocked numbers.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.