Phones Down

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Reason for Outage: RFO Report

My whole office can not call out?  I have tried calling Ring Central and I get a busy signal.  Anyone else having this issue?
Photo of Sanders

Sanders

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Becky Nabors

Becky Nabors

• 800 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Yes...we are in florida...
Photo of Greg

Greg

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
From http://success.ringcentral.com/

Current Issues

Incoming and outgoing calls are currently not working for all RingCentral customers. We are working diligently to resolve this and will have an update within timeframe. No known root cause. Incident Start: 08-05-2015, 11:52 am Pacific

Photo of Regina

Regina

• 2,750 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Yes!  This is listed on the Support Page under Current Issues.
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 36,908 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
There is another Community thread going on regarding this.

https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/cant-dial-out-any-number?
Photo of [none]

[none]

• 390 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I am having the same problems. When people try to call our office they are getting "The number you are trying to reach is unavailable right now" or "The number you are trying to reach is not in service right now."  This is not only embarrassing, but unacceptable!
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,948 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
For the latest update on this issue please visit: http://success.ringcentral.com/
Photo of Mark Golden

Mark Golden

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
we're back up in PA
Photo of Whiffen

Whiffen

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Help we are in Pa
Photo of Claudio (Customer)

Claudio (Customer)

• 14,030 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't dial out any number....

Trying to create a case but the system tells me it is better a Chat...
But no matter the urgency... says "All operators are currently assisting others...."
Photo of NEWMAN

NEWMAN

• 106 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Southern California not getting incoming calls.

In Southern California and have not had an incoming call since 11:45 getting the busy signal and when someone calls in all they get is phone beeps twice then hangs up.
Photo of Andrea Portera

Andrea Portera

• 70 Points
We are also in CA and having this issue with all faxes

Claudio (Customer)

Note from RC

Current Issues

Inbound PSTN calls are currently not working for some customers.

Restoration is in progress. Problem with outbound calls has been mitigated. RingCentral is on backup links presently.

We are working diligently to resolve this and will have the next update within 15 minutes.

Incident Start: 8/05/2015, 11:51 am Pacific

Updated: 8/05/2015, 12:27 pm Pacific.
(Edited)
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

Current Issues

Inbound PSTN calls are currently not working for some customers. Restoration is in progress. Problem with outbound calls has been mitigated. RingCentral is on backup links presently. We are working diligently to resolve this and will have the next update within 15 minutes. Incident Start: 8/05/2015, 11:51 am Pacific Updated: 8/05/2015, 12:27 pm Pacific.

Claudio (Customer)

Post are being deleted as well ???
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

Nope...this is a different thread from the one you started.

Claudio (Customer)

Yes I know, my post was deleted... why ?
Photo of Dustin Showers

Dustin Showers, Champion

• 3,210 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
conspiracy, man.... the whole thing is Obama's fault.
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

Claudio,

I see several posts from you. RingCentral stopped comments in the original thread you started, probably because there were so many comments coming in (just my supposition). I'm sure they are busy enough working on the issues and have better things to do than delete posts. I'm sure they are all there...

Claudio (Customer)

What other thing is supposed to do if support (chat) is taking a very long time to respond ?

Claudio (Customer)

Exactly, they should "have better things to do than deleting customer posts"...

Claudio (Customer)

Jan, note this from support: " There's been an outage on our lines at the moment. We currently do not have an estimated time of resolution but rest assured, we are working diligently to get this resolved. You may visit our support site at least after an hour to check for updates. The website is success.ringcentral.com and look for system status. "
Photo of Dustin Showers

Dustin Showers, Champion

People are commenting on their facebook posts about the outage, lol...  not gonna lie, when all of my offices called me at once, affecting close to 150 users here, i couldnt get thru to support via phone.  none of my offices worked...  kinda sorta gotta do anything and everything to get an answer, sent emails, thread posts, twitter, smoke signals...  

whatever gets the job done.  i actually received support via email and thanks to the https://servicestatus.ringcentral.com/ page, at least we're given updates.  

unlike Comcast outages... where we could go for days before they acknowledge us...  kudos to the RC team for their response times.

outages happen...  
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

Yes, thank you Claudio...I am aware of the current status.

Claudio (Customer)

Question: We should wait for a credit in our accounts or no because "outages happen" ?

Claudio (Customer)

Jan: but they said "You may visit our support site at least after an hour to check for updates"... I thing they do not realize how important is the phone lines for the business...
Photo of Dustin Showers

Dustin Showers, Champion

certainly didn't say that.  I do think we should be compensated, but no sense in blasting the company.  overall, i have had a great experience with Ring Central, their customer service is excellent.  theyre dealing with the outage professionally.
Photo of Dustin Showers

Dustin Showers, Champion

"I thing they do not realize how important is the phone lines for the business..."

- they are in the business of phones, something tells me they know exactly how important the phone lines are for business... lol
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

Current Status:

During the incident customers experienced PSTN inbound and outbound call failures. The outbound call failures were mitigated at 11:26 PST. RingCentral mitigated all calls failures at 12:50 PST. There is no known root cause, but we have escalated a Critical Ticket with our vendor. A final Reason For Outage report will be disseminated in 48 hours or sooner.

Photo of Dustin Showers

Dustin Showers, Champion

... the last report i ran for my company, we had like 27k calls thru our IVR a month, not including direct extension calls... that's like 900/day, average of about 112 calls/hour-ish?  ...quick math...  you could probably round that off to 200 calls/hour with all extensions included.

Our phone are pretty important, and we are a relatively small company.

Claudio (Customer)

Dustin: I'm glad for you having a good experience. Not our case, we are having highs and lows in our short experience of 7 months...
Photo of Dustin Showers

Dustin Showers, Champion

what kind of lows?  just curious.

Claudio (Customer)

Long history, I can send an email to you if you want. Just one thing as example: "Reports".

Claudio (Customer)

Dustin: In my previous post when I copied a support text saying "come back in no less than one hour", I'm saying they thing we could wait calmly for one hour ?
Photo of Dustin Showers

Dustin Showers, Champion

Reports:

We joined Ring Central April 2014, we were promised reporting from day one, the reporting module finally came i think a year later?  and it's minimal and sketchy at best...  but I've been able to pull call logs and import into a spreadsheet with custom formulas and extract some vital information.  it certainly could be better...  The latest thing for our call center was a suggestion to beta the "Contact Center" platform.  which includes a very developed and involved reporting module.  no thanks, i just want what is promised...  I've had numerous conference calls with the production team to help develop the reporting tool for our business's needs.  but sure, i agree.

SERVICE-wise, we've had a great experience.  everything works the way we need it to, or I've developed work around's and had great experience with customer service.
Photo of Dustin Showers

Dustin Showers, Champion

^ David from Vonage... is that real?  LMAO, who does that?  hijack's a competitor's forum to promote their company.  everything i saw from Vonage is just as shady as this guy's post.
Photo of Dustin Showers

Dustin Showers, Champion

"come back in no less than one hour".

ya gotta say SOMETHING.  their support page has been updating roughly every 15 minutes... regardless what they SAID.
Photo of TKA

TKA

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Illinois outbound is working.  Still no incoming calls.

Claudio (Customer)

Can make outbound calls now, no incoming calls in Minnesota
Photo of Tom Tarasiuk

Tom Tarasiuk

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Back Up in illinois. Inbound and Outbound. thank you.
Photo of TKA

TKA

Downtown Chicago is still out
Photo of Stephen Hare

Stephen Hare

• 384 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
same in Boston. We're back up.  Am going to need an explanation though.  This was a hour down in the middle of our work day.  Very very bad!  My boss will demand an after action report.
Photo of E. Pena

E. Pena

• 1,038 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
NYC is back up.
Photo of Whiffen

Whiffen

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Help cannot get any Inbound call....in PA.

I am in PA and when someone calls in to our office it say "You have reach a verizon number not in service"? we can call out but we cannot receive calls our 800# just BEEPS... please help this is our busy time..
Photo of Dustin Showers

Dustin Showers, Champion

in NJ, had the same exact thing.
Photo of TKA

TKA

Chicago is back up inbound and outbound
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,784 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
We are getting reports that some customers are up and running.  Please test. 

Claudio (Customer)

Inbound and Outbound calls working now in MN
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

Thank you Claudio for the update.  Glad to hear you are up and running!
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

Anyone still having issues? 
Photo of Dustin Showers

Dustin Showers, Champion

Kim, getting reports that all my offices are up again, thank you!!!
Photo of Andrea Portera

Andrea Portera

• 70 Points
My faxes are back up and running in Palm Springs, CA
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,948 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
We have received confirmation that this issue has been resolved. http://success.ringcentral.com/
Photo of Dustin Showers

Dustin Showers, Champion

Thanks Mike!

Claudio (Customer)

Any idea what was the issue? The cause?
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

Claudio,

From the RingCentral Service Status web page and my previous post:

"...There is no known root cause, but we have escalated a Critical Ticket with our vendor. A final Reason For Outage report will be disseminated in 48 hours or sooner."

Claudio (Customer)

OK I read that, so we will wait for to know the reason...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.