Picking up a call holding on another V410

• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Answered
Hello,

We have a group of 5 reps in my Denver branch. For each, we have set up the appearance and permissions feature. Yet, they are claiming that if one rep puts a call on hold, the others cannot pick it up?? Based on everything I have read, this should work. Are we missing something?
Photo of ANDERSON

ANDERSON

• 630 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 26,248 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
My suggestion is to utilize PARK.
Photo of CHARLIE JOHNSON

CHARLIE JOHNSON

• 236 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Parking makes it much easier to pick up a call from any other phone.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 89,840 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Tracey Korn

Tracey Korn

• 616 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Parking is a workaround. Can Ring Central look into how to have the lines managed on that line only? For example, when a call is placed on hold on my phone and another user monitors my line, they could pick up the same call from that line. In addition, this could be used for incoming calls for an Executive and their assistant when screening calls instead of having to transfer and/or park the call.
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 26,482 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Tracy, could you explain what your call flow looks like?  Are you sending calls to a virtual extension with a ring group?

Picking up calls that are on hold is absolutely available in Ring Central.

There must be something in the call flow preventing this.

Give us more to work with

Thanks

Chuck
Certified RC consultant.
Chuck@yoritguy.com
Photo of Tracey Korn

Tracey Korn

If you look into my line in particular...you can see that I monitor extension 323. If someone calls extension 323 and extension 323 answers and puts them on hold, I cannot pick up that call (and vice versa). If I screen the call for 323 and place them on hold, 323 cannot pick up that line on hold. Instead, I have to transfer the call to them and/or park it on a dedicated line for them.

Am I missing something else?

We have several assistants who monitor several Executives lines (espeically extension 328 and extension 324), so they cannot manage park locations for all of them. Our receptionist (extension 300), for example, answers calls for up to 7 people.
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

well, I know this works and it has to do with your call flow or some setting in RC.

Have you worked with support on this?

Are you working with a re seller to assist?

I could help if you like
contact me
Chuck@yoritguy.com
Thanks
Photo of Tracey Korn

Tracey Korn

I've asked support this and I don't believe they were able to assist. Also, I'm not sure what you mean when you ask if I am working with a re seller on this, but the answer is no. Is there anything in particular about our call flow that doesn't allow this to happen?
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

There are Ring Central Resellers (consultants)  lots of them on this forum helping people like you.

Depends on where the calls are landing when they first come in.  Hard to pin point without out looking at your configuration.  

what I can tell you is that Call pickup works.  you have the right phone and presence works so sometimes people have calls go to a virtual extension and that is the extension that needs to be on the presence.

So if you want to work with me I could assist you by reviewing your call flow and try to get the pickup to work.

Your call.

Thanks

Chuck
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

Did you solve the problem?
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 13,132 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
you have to make sure under the permissions tab for both extensions are set to "allow (blank extension) to pick up calls", this way you can pick up that extension and that extension can pick up yours, if that's how you'd like it to work. although if you do have the presence space on your phone to spare using parks is much easier.