- Account type (U.S., Canada, UK, AT&T, Telus, BT) - all
- A brief description of the business - all
- A high level description of the product or feature being requested - allow sending selected caller ID at least for new accounts before porting.
- A typical use case scenario explaining how your business would use the feature - A customer or reseller can implement easier and faster. As it is now, most customers will not want to use new RingCentral service on day 1 because anyone they call can only see their temporary caller ID (or no caller ID).
- Benefit of such feature - I am a reseller and install many accounts and almost always this prevents us from an easy implementation and requires us to coordinate site visits with number porting.
- Include any related case number if applicable - N/A
I understand there may be business reasons for not allowing any caller ID to be sent, but this could be handled by using verification similar to the way RC already verifies accounts by calling or texting a number to verify ownership. Every other VOIP provider I have worked with allows spoofing caller ID so this is a drawback for RingCentral and makes implementations more difficult and expensive to perform.