"universal" windows 10 app

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Windows Mobile/Universal App for RingCentral

Although the first request is a Windows Mobile version of Ring Central, a preferred solution is a Windows 10 Universal Ring Central App. 

Android, Iphone and Windows mobile phones all need access. 

Full feature set would be ideal, but even the basic Ring Central phone features would be sufficient.
Photo of Rick Ledford

Rick Ledford

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • excited

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,998 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Can you further clarify your request please?  The RingCentral Desktop can be installed on Windows 10. 
Photo of Rick Ledford

Rick Ledford

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mike,
I apologize as I did not get your response. 
First, I appreciate how fast and responsive your community is...what a nice change from other companies.

Second, my request, it seems is part of another thread and if it makes sense to combine this one into that I'm all for it. 

The responders below have done a great job clarifying my request as you are referring to the full featured desktop version of RingCentral running on Windows 10. 

I (we) would like a Windows 10 Universal app that runs on both Windows 10 and mobile. 

You may not see the value in the installed base of Windows 10 Mobile alone, but when you add in windows 10 installed base including tablets, convertibles and mobile it might seem much more in line with whatever the hump is for RC to develop. Creating a windows 10 universal app would hit all of the above.

Thanks, 

Let me know if it would be better to combine threads with:
https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/windows_phone_app_for_ringcentral
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,998 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for post Rick.  Yes, it does make sense to merge the two conversations which I'll do.  The original Windows Mobile app request has evolved to a request for a Universal app with the release of Windows 10. 
Photo of Eric Halleen

Eric Halleen

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Ringcentral should make a Windows 10 Universal App that should run on whatever Windows I am on.  PC, Tablet, or Phone.
Photo of Gilles Joseph

Gilles Joseph

• 246 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Ring Central Team, Please make an app that works on Windows 10 mobile and desktop. A universal windows 10 app can run on phone, desktop, tablets etc. This is different than the classic win32 app that you currently offer. I am sure you know all this.

Photo of enjoyfebruary

enjoyfebruary

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
As the IT Manager for a small business, having an app based on the UWP platform would be fantastic! Those apps can be updated automatically through the Microsoft Store and would make my job easier. That, coupled with notifications, and the availability of desktop/tablet/phone compatibility would be even better.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.