Polycom Auto Dial Time

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Answered
If I pick up my phone, and go to dial an extension or phone number, if I pause for more than 2 seconds, the number I have already entered is attempted to be called. I would like to extend this time to 5 seconds.  I have read that I can modify the configuration to do this, but then when RC sends an update to the phone, this would wipe out that configuration change. 
Photo of noah perkins

noah perkins

• 252 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • Frustrated

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 27,966 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Polycom has a "hot-dial" keypad.  Meaning, you can starting dialing the number, on the keypad, without depressing any keys or lifting the handset, which gives you more than 5 seconds to enter the entire number. After you have entered all your numbers, you depress the Dial softkey.
Photo of B. McKool

B. McKool, Champion

• 1,144 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
okay... what the hec is a "Dial Soft Key" and where is it on my Polycom VVX-600 phone?
Photo of Shannon Brunston

Shannon Brunston

• 762 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have several users who would like to extend this time as well. I cannot find the settings in the Polycom phone itself & these users do not necessarily just want to use the softphone app through their computer as a work around.

We don't have a 'hot-dial- keypad as far as I can tell on our physical phones.  

We have a mix of phones in the office: Polycom IP 335 HD IP phone & Polycom VVX 201. 

Google leads me to forums at Polycom where they are discussing re-programming the phone itself through other means which I don't think we as standard ring central users have access to in order to extend this time... 

This feature seems like it would speed things up; unless you don't have the number memorized in which case it slows things down because now you need to dial a number, 2, 3 or 4 times before you actually can dial it all the way. 

Has anyone else found a way around the built in auto-dialer? 

Insurance agency, 11 users, US, mix of gen z/millennial to boomer employees. 
(Edited)
Photo of Colleen

Colleen

• 158 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
so is the only way to not have it auto-dial this "hot key" thing? i have some folks in my office who also want to lengthen the time.. and by folks i mean by boss.
Photo of Patricia

Patricia

• 62 Points
An extended dial time is definitely needed, for many people.
Photo of Jana Couron

Jana Couron

• 60 Points
Several in our office having this problem as well and yes the main person complaining is the boss! Is there a fix - he uses physical phone and those using softphones can't use hot keys as it is a conflict with using AutoCad so hot keys are off.
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 62,226 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Jana, our Professional Services Team does offer some custom configs for certain Polycom phones. You can ask you Account Manager to get more information and check to see if we offer a custom config for this and if your phones qualify.