Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800

• Idea
  • Updated 10 months ago
  • Implemented
I would like to request that the Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800 be added the your support matrix.  This phone works very well and would be a nice addition to RingCentral.
Photo of RWJF - Please Login

RWJF - Please Login

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Chris

Chris

• 610 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Agreed!
Photo of Chris

Chris

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Polycom RealPresence Trio support/provisioning.

When will you add the Polycom RealPresence Trio to your supported devices?  
I asked this question 3 months ago but you guys buried that request into another thread that has no follow up.
We have had this phone since November 2016 and are still waiting to use it properly with the RingCentral service.
Photo of Chris

Chris

Mike, I see you have merged my question again :)
Do you have any update from Ring Central on when we can properly use this device with your service?
Thanks, Chris
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 88,864 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
HI Chris, we frequently merge like/similar feature requests into a single thread so that the votes are combined. This helps raise awareness to our product team.   Sorry, but I don't have an ETA if/when this will happen. 

Mike
Photo of Chris

Chris

Is RingCentral working on a plan for the Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800 at all??
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 88,864 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Nothing on the road-map yet, but there are only a few votes on this request, so if more users vote it up, it might gain some traction.

Mike

Photo of Mo Hussain

Mo Hussain

• 168 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
VOTE UP 
Photo of Mo Hussain

Mo Hussain

This is such a huge win for you guys if you get it going.  Everyone is going 365, everyone is going skype, this device is very cool, and I would hope you can sort out how to connect to it and merge Ringcentral into 365! !
Photo of Chris

Chris

Any update????  Please don't ignore, this is the flagship conference phone from Polycom- how could you not support it?
Photo of Mo Hussain

Mo Hussain

If someone beats you to the punch on a 365 integration, you will have really missed a great ooporutnity.  Chris, I have solved the registration as a phone, but cannot understand how I sign into SFB AND RingCentral, seems to be either or.  so disappointing.
Photo of Chris

Chris

I would switch from RC for the 365 integration at this point.
Mo, me too- unfortunately with RC the SFB functionality won't work together. 
Photo of Mo Hussain

Mo Hussain

Are you SURE?  That's so super very extremely disappointing if true.  I too, would switch for this functionality!
Photo of Ian

Ian

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
BUMP

We've been asking our RingCentral rep for months about this and he has gone radio silent on us! We've noticed that RC's competitor, 8x8 provides support for the Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800. Our renewal is in less than 90 days and we are considering moving away from RC because they just can't get a modern phone in their product line. We are embarrassed to be supporting IP SoundStation 7000's in our large client-facing rooms.

Has anyone gotten these manually provisioned??
Photo of Chris

Chris

We have been waiting months as well, RC has gone radio silent on us too.
It is painful to manually setup the 8800 to work with RC.  Even when you get it to work you have none of the features you are paying RC for.  Also, our 8800 suddenly stopped working and it took RC support 1 week to get it working again (we had no conference phone for a whole week).

We need to buy more conference phones and thought about getting the 7000's to avoid the headache, but it is old.  I think you are right, I will check our contract and look at switching to 8x8, makes much more sense to buy the newer 8800's and switch away from RC.

The 8800 has been on the market over a year now and nothing from RC, guess they only support old hardware.
Photo of Ian

Ian

We are a technology firm and not having a modern conference room solution reflects poorly on us, our brand and especially in front of our clients who are paying us to be technology and design thought leaders! We might as well be using two cups attached by a string. These IP7000's have got to go. We'll be exploring other options, particularly 8x8.
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 39,126 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Everyone, 

Since there are so many phones on the market, to help our Product Team understand why you would like to have this phone please provide the following. Specifically a use case scenario and the type of features it has that would benefit you. Once I have some more information, I will be able to bring this to our Product Team and hopefully gather some insight into future planning. Thank you!
  1. Account type  (U.S., Canada, UK,  AT&T, Telus, BT)
  2. A brief description of the business 
  3. A high level description of the product or feature being requested
  4. A typical use case scenario explaining how your business would use the feature
  5. Benefit of such feature
  6. Include any related case number if applicable
  7. Number of Users and/or Digital Lines
Photo of Ian

Ian

1. US
2. Technology and Design agency
3. Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800 -- the current industry standard for conference room phones
4. Hosting conference calls with integrated apps like Skype, etc
5. Isn't it obvious?
6. n/a
7. 50+ sized business
Photo of Mo Hussain

Mo Hussain

Do you really need me to answer 7 questions?  This should be a very obvious rationale for this request.   It is terribly disconcerting that anyone, let alone a telecom company would need to ask, "why?"

This is a very cool phone and all I want is it to be a phone, and be able to host/join skype video which is already in use in my organization.  With SFB being a free component in 365, you guys are really missing a HUGE opportunity here.  I am not even a full customer yet and am wondering if I should sign this agreement.

US
Nationwide Luxury Retailers
Polycom Real Presence Trio 880 -- the current flagship polycom phone
Having video conferences silly
even more silly.  Benefit would be seeing people and screen share in our native environment plus voice when not in conference.
case number?  Why would I open one?
300+ nationwide
(Edited)
Photo of Chris

Chris

1. U.S, Canada, UK
  2. Technology
  3.  Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800
  4. Conference calls
  5. This phone is great but crippled thanks to RC.  We are paying for service from RC that we can't use
  6. There are lots, last was 05989970
  7. 250+ US, Canada, UK

• 39,126 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your input. I wanted to update you that our product team has decided to add this phone to RingCentral. If all goes well, you can expect to see this as an option to purchase in the Admin portal in a few months. I was not given a specific date, unfortunately.
Photo of Ray Clawson

Ray Clawson

• 68 Points
How soon before the one I own is recognized by RC?
Photo of Ian

Ian

My RC renewal is in 2 months and we're inclined to not continue doing business or commit financially without a solid time frame for product support. This doesn't help our company in the short-term.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 91,080 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Please understand that the logistics behind adding any new device takes time to plan. This is a very recent decision by our product team. Arrangments must be made with our supplier to establish ordering/return processes, updates to our web portal for ordering, employee training, programming and engineering updates, etc.  We'll provide an ETA when one is available. The best we can tell you at this time is
If all goes well, you can expect to see this as an option to purchase in the Admin portal in a few months.
(Edited)
Photo of Ian

Ian

This is disappointing considering the Trio has been out for about a year now.
Photo of Chris

Chris

Saadet, Mike,
I see we can now purchase the 8800 on the RC website, but in admin there's no option to provision it still.
How do we finally get this phone to work properly with RC?
Photo of Chris

Chris

Thanks Saadet, can you have our account rolled over to 9.3 for us?
We've be waiting a long time to use our 8800 properly.

• 35,356 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Chris,

Unfortunately I don't have that capability myself. Your Account Manager may be able to put in a request for that but honestly I'm not sure of the process :( If you're unsure who your Account Manager is let me know and I can email that information to you.
Photo of Chris

Chris

Sure, ask my account manager for me
Photo of Chris

Chris

Saadet, I'm emailing my account rep but she's not responding- please advise, thanks

• 35,356 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Chris,

Sorry about that. I'll email their manager regarding this.