Polycom VVX 310 and expansion module

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Does RC VVX 310 support side car expansion module?  When I connected expansion module to VVX310, it works and I can setup a button for a speed dial. But RC web interface Presence module doesn't see expansion - only six  lines that exist on the phone. I tried reboot the phone. Nothing

I called tech support and was told that expansion module is supported and is plug-in-play and RC web interface should see it.

What I am missing?
Photo of yapi support

yapi support

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 26,592 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
According to Polycom tech site: "The VVX Expansion Modules are not supported on VVX phones running UC Software 5.0.x. The expansion modules are supported only on VVX phones running UC Software 4.1.6, 4.1.7, and 5.1.x."
Photo of yapi support

yapi support

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Danno,

thank you for your fast reply.  I am not sure how I can use the info you provided though. I have RC provisioned VVX phone and added an expansion module.  Can I expect RC  Presence module to see expansion module?  
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 26,592 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If it were me (WWDD) I would reach out to your rep and have them (1) find out what version you have and (2) validate RC support of the module on that module.  Most of my clients have CISCO phones so I'm not an Polycom expert (even though I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night). The information i provided earlier was from Ploycom. 
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,340 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
For the Polycom VVX series... expansion modules are only available for the VVX400, VVX410, VVX400 & VVX500
(Edited)
Photo of George Lasseigne

George Lasseigne

• 702 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I too would like support for the 310 sidecar. It's a much more affordable option to supported 410.