Deskphone: Adding shortcuts/favorites to buttons

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
How do I add non-RingCentral phone numbers to the extra 10 buttons on the VVX410?
Photo of Mark Valpreda

Mark Valpreda

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,320 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Mark,  

The most recent RingCentral's configuration files override those manual changes.  So once the phone reboots and re-registers with the RC System it will download the RingCentral's default configuration settings.  It will not hold your changes. This also applies to downloading RingTones or custom backgounds.

Kim  
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 26,986 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Kim is correct but there is a way.  Just create extensions with out a phone and turn off things like voice mail and user greetings ETC.  then in the call handeling put the phone number you want to dial.  then assign these extensions through the presence.

it works well.

RC needs a speed dial extension type added to the system where you could upload a SS ETC...

and assign through presence.

I am sure more sidecars would be sold with this feature.

Thanks

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
Photo of Mark Valpreda

Mark Valpreda

I saw that with creating a new user, but that has a $4.99/month cost to it right?
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

Nope. Free. The $4.99 is only for additional company numbers
(Edited)
Photo of BELSITO

BELSITO

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I figured it out at no charge...sorry for taking people's time!
Photo of Jan Ferguson, Channel Partner

Jan Ferguson, Channel Partner, Champion

• 31,390 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Belsito,

Which RingCentral plan do you you use (Fax, Professional, Office) and which edition?

I am on RingCentral Office Professional and I just tested adding a new user. It asked me for basic user information, then it asked me if I wanted to "Add a Phone" to the user. I clicked on "Not at this Time". The "New User" was created with no charge. (See my screen shots)

I am not a RingCentral employee and due to the fact that prices vary based on contracts and other factors, I can't even begin to guess why you are seeing what you are seeing when you try to add a new user. I'm just providing my experience for your knowledge.

Belsito...

I incorrectly stated that I was on RingCentral Office "Professional". My fingers weren't listening to my brain. I meant to type RingCentral Office Premium. I tried to edit it above but the system wouldn't let me.

Sorry for any confusion.
(Edited)
Photo of BELSITO

BELSITO

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I am on standard.  However, I did figure it out and it let me do it at NO CHARGE.
Thanks

Your response came through after I posted. Glad you figured it out.
Photo of Mark Valpreda

Mark Valpreda

Added a couple of users with no phone number and they got a new extension. I was able to add them in there and that seems like a viable solution. I set up one to my mobile for fun, but I am getting call screening on there. Where do I disable that?
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

In greetings and screenings
Photo of Mark Valpreda

Mark Valpreda

Ahh....Call Handling and Forwarding, Incoming Call Notification, Play announcement, Never.
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,320 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Chuck, Thank you very much for providing the additional information here.  Very helpful! 
Mark, did that resolve this issue? 
Photo of Mark Valpreda

Mark Valpreda

Yeah, that seems to have done the trick. Looks funny with a 12 line phone and only 5 in use, but that not a big issue. Need to figure out how to best label these with the space provided.