Polycom VVX310 not working after firmware update

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Polycom Phone Firmware Update (VVX Model)

We've been using ringcentral and polycom VXX310 handsets for quite a few months and all has been great.

I was asked by RC to update the emergency contact information on my account/lines. I did this and saved before exiting and all the phones rebooted. All phones downloaded the new firmware 5.4.2.6722.

After the reboot, two of our handsets wouldn't reconnect to the service.. but ALL of our handsets were no longer visible on the network to enable me to log into them with the web config utility. All phones have been allocated an IP, I can ping all of them with no issues, but if I open a browser and type the IP address, none of them can be seen.
Before this update I've had no issues what so ever, all phones are visible.

I've just spent nearly three hours with online chat who have failed to find what's causing it except to point me to a page about port forwarding.. but as I said, I've been using the service for months without issue, it's only this firmware that has introduced three issues:

1. Two handsets refuse to register to the network, even entering the log in server details etc. manually, it just sits there saying trying to log in..

2. ALL handsets are now no longer visible on the web config utility

3. ALL remaining handsets apart from the two above have a flashing exclamation mark in the top left of the display

Does any one have any ideas please?
Photo of Roy Fox

Roy Fox

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

There are no replies.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.