Polycom VVX 410 - I show up on all 12 extensions on my phone.

• Question
  • Updated 10 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic.

When I look at my Polycom VVX 410 desk phone I appear on all 12 lines, which I find annoying.

When I go onto the website and correct the information in Presence and click on "Preview on my phone", it shows that I should be on line 1 and line 2. NOT all 12 lines.

When I save it the information it does not transfer to my desk phone. The desk phone still displays my name on all 12 lines. I am the only user of this phone. Is there an option on the phone to clear my name from all 10? Do I need to restart the phone to try to update the information submitted on the website? Thanks.
Photo of Shamrock Group

Shamrock Group

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Travis Ransom

Travis Ransom

• 206 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Are you able to access the phone directly, by IP address, make those changes, save and reboot?  Does the sync process work both ways?
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 26,986 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
 This is standard behavior if you are Not using presence to monitor users.  If you are just one person then a 12 line phone is a bit over kill.

Unless you want to assign speed dial numbers or something else like that

If you purchased the phone from RC you will NOT be able to login in to the phone directly to make changes.

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of Bob Fairbairn

Bob Fairbairn

• 274 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Not using the buttons for lines want to use them for shortcuts which you used to be able to do from my  understanding.  The line button can also be used to be a favorite number to call???
Photo of Ronda Tappan

Ronda Tappan, Champion

• 652 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  I too think it is silly  that you have your name displayed 12 times.... again throw a speed dial in there! be done.  Update:  I did add to line 12 the operator and unfortunately after testing multiple times -the phone is NOT leaving the slots empty as I chose.  Any thoughts?
(Edited)
Photo of Shamrock Group

Shamrock Group

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I can log into the phone by IP address as the USER... But when I try as the ADMIN it says the default password "456" is incorrect.
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 26,834 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Phones are locked.  you will not be able to make changes and if you do it will void the warranty and RC support may not be able to help you.

Just create some speed dials to assign to the buttons and that will solve your issue

The best way to do this is to create a few extensions.  do you know how to do this?
Photo of louise

louise

• 70 Points
Hi RC-Installer. I have the same problem here. I would like add extensions instead of my name 12 times on the home screen. How do I do that?
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,110 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Set up Presence under Settings > Phones & Numbers > Presence.

If you do not use Presence then the 12 lines will be there. If you use Presence the lines will disappear.
If you don't want to use Presence then support can change the number of lines to 2 on the back end.  Or your IT Dept can change this from the IP Address if they have access to it. Create a web case and provide them with the SN and Ext. 
(Edited)
Photo of louise

louise

• 70 Points
Thank you so much Kim. 

I have another question. If you add contacts on your account online does it appear on the desk phone? 
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 26,834 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Thanks kim

I missed this one

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.