Polycom VVX 500 dials too fast

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

I have some people in my company saying their Polycom VVX 500 dials to fast. Is there any way to slow down the speed at which the phone dials?

For example they start dialing 204-abc... pause 2 seconds to confirm the last 4 digits. Only to find the phone has started to dial 204-abc resulting in a international disabled message.

Is there any way to slow down the dial rate?

Thanks
Photo of Erik Antoniuk

Erik Antoniuk

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of JW Lodge

JW Lodge

• 936 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Did you get any answer regarding this?
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hmm, I'm not aware of any way to do this. You can pick up the handset, hit the "end call" button on the screen, then enter the number and click Dial, however.
Photo of JW Lodge

JW Lodge

• 936 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I talked to support and they said there was no way to slow down the dial time.
Photo of Peter Milford

Peter Milford

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
The way we worked around this is to just have the users dial the number first and then pick up the handset or hit the headphone button.  They can take as long as they want to dial the number and it will start dialing when they go on hook.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.