Adding Favorites on Polycom 310

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I have a Polycon 310 and in order to use the favorite section on the line view, Ringcentral needs to create additional lines for the favorite people. This is a basic feature that should work according to the standard Polycon 310 setup. One should be able to create a favorite in the phone, give it a slot, and have it appear on the phone.
Photo of BROWN

BROWN

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 19,550 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Do you mean speed dial or blf (busy lamp field) or something else?  Do you know you can press and hold an available button on the phone and then you can program an extension or phone number there as speed dial?
Photo of BROWN

BROWN

Brandon, thanks for the reply. i didn't know that. I spent an hour with Support and they created two new extensions and then essentially hardwired two favorite numbers. A real imperfect workaround because they said the functionality I wanted was not available. All I was trying to do was create three favorite contacts that I call constantly to appear on the right three lines of the line page.
Photo of BROWN

BROWN

When I press and hold an available button on the phone, the extension briefly lights up and then nothing happens. Not able to create a new favorite....
Photo of BROWN

BROWN

Brandon, I appreciate your comments but am getting a bit over my head. All I have are "six" lines with my name next to them on the line page. When they had my phone hardwired with the two addresses I was able to click an unused line and create a new favorite and have it work as I wanted and as you described. I called Support and had them remove the two hardwired lines then reset the phone. Now the functionality to create a favorite by pressing an open line is gone. In 2017, this should be pretty simple and straightforward.
Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 19,508 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I think I know what you are talking about.  The default for the phones seems to be that all 6 lines are 'user lines' and you have to assign at least one presence button and then the remaining (except 1 and 2) become available for speed dial.  Not sure why it is this way.

Do you use the desktop app?  If so you should be able to assign one button under the HUD settings.  If not, you can assign presence buttons via your web portal and shouldn't need to ask support to do it.
Photo of BROWN

BROWN

Great response. Pretty much solved the problem. Thanks a ton.
Photo of Lance K

Lance K

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Can you please tell me how to display a Park Location extension on a Polycon 310? The extension displays on the Desktop App, but I cannot figure out how to get the park location extension to display on the Polycom 310?     

Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 39,004 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Lance,

Does this article that discusses Park Location help you?