Desktop App: add ability to view sent faxes (and re-send) on Softphone Desktop App

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
DESKTOP Application
Photo of Arty

Arty, Employee

• 640 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Char.west

Char.west

• 582 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
YES!!!!  Please bring that back!  I need to have copies of the cover sheets and the only way currently to get them is to send the fax to myself, also.  Not acceptable!  AND, if I need to resend a fax it would be helpful to see what the attachments are and just press re-send.  WHY would you take that away?
Photo of Charlie James

Charlie James

• 174 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
On Softphone features no longer available on Ver 7.2.4.  Because of the importance of the docs I send, I always checked the pdf content on the SF... NO MATTER what the file name is for correctness before I hit send. Afterward I would open sent pdf files in the SF to view what was sent previously for research. Neither of those valuable to me features that were offered by RS are now available on the SF.I am not interested in the "scan" feature as it is not a complete solution as before. If this is the new SF format to come.. I'll need to find another fax source. Please ADD these features Back to the Softphone
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Fax transmission image.

It would be incredibly useful if there was even a 1st page image record of the fax being sent. I just realized a fax I sent last week failed. I have no idea what I was sending and the number isn't someone I fax to regularly so I don't even know who I sent it to.
Photo of Rebecca Lynch Bell

Rebecca Lynch Bell

• 412 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Provide option to view sent faxes on new RC Desktop..

The new Softphone software no longer supports viewing of previously sent faxes. This NEEDS TO BE FIXED! It is used by many customers on a regular basis.
Photo of Paclantic Express

Paclantic Express

• 244 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Status Bar and record in Softphone for sent fax.

It would be mighty nice to get a status bar in Softphone for a fax when it is transmitting, and when it is sent/ failed. Just like in a fax machine.
Also once it is sent/failed it should be logged in message activity for quick re-fax or for reviewing.
Photo of Char.west

Char.west

I agree that Softphone should bring back the option of being able to resend a fax if the other fax machine malfunctions (runs out of ink and prints blank pages, for example).  Also miss the ability to hoover the mouse over the attachment to see what it is. 
Photo of richstone2010

richstone2010

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I agree with everyone.  The new call controller omitted TWO of the most important features that the old call controller had which is one to view the faxes you sent. The second one is print to fax.  These were the two functions I used the most and I would prefer the old call controller that had better functionality.
Photo of Char.west

Char.west

I find that I miss the ability to be able to scan directly into the call controller.  AND, when I try to attach any document that is more than 3 pages, I am told I cannot.  What is up with that?  I have been searching for a new online faxing program but really don't want to as I have to take all of my customers with me which would be a hassle.  I am hoping that Ring Central gets smart and brings back the features of the old program - and the ability to fax more than 3 sheets without meeting any size limitation.  Just tried to fax 5 pages again today, and still not able to.
Photo of Paul Clare

Paul Clare

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!  Please get this fax portion back to what it was which enticed us to sign up in the first place!

The call center is of no importance to many of us, but the fax system is the reason many of us joined Ring Central!  Please keep us in mind also!
(Edited)
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,808 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The Scan to Fax feature has been brought back in our most recent 7.2 release.  We are currently in the process of pushing it out.  See SCAN to Fax
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Char.west,   Three pages should generally go through without a problem.  What size in MB's is the fax?  There's probably something else causing it to fail.   
Photo of Char.west

Char.west

Thank you for checking.  I did not have any problems with the size of fax transmissions before the new softphone was uploaded.  What I attempt to fax are copies of insurance claims.  I was able to fax up to 12 pages before, now it stops at 3.  I just don't understand why a size limit has been initiated.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Hi Char.west , 

We actually increased the fax size limitation a few months ago. It was previously set at 5MBs and has been increased to 20 MBs. Failure rates can vary depending on many variables.  Internet faxing is a bit more complicated than traditional faxing as the data goes through an extra conversion process. If there are any bottlenecks or other problems anywhere between the sending and receiving system, there's always a chance for packet loss which can cause the fax to fail.  This might be the case. Is the fax under 20 MBs? 
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,734 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Please LIKE this post if you would like this feature to be added to the Softphone.
(Edited)
Photo of Sean

Sean

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Keep Track of Faxes Sent via Soft Phone.

Users of our company usually send faxes via email, only because they're able to look in their "sent" box and see which faxes were sent on specific dates.

Why is there not a fax log for faxes sent via the softphone? (version 6.5.1)
Photo of Isaac Canales

Isaac Canales

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Please add the ability to view Outbox and Sent Items faxes on computer app for ma....

The Ring Central App is great for the MacBook Pro, but the only thing it kind of defeats the perpouse of using the app if you can't view what faxes you've sent or have the the ability to resend if a fax didn't go through. When this happens I have to log on the web site and use the website features to accomplish this two task, which at that time I may as well use the website instead of the app. But if there is a way to use the app for these features it would make faxes highly effected by using the app to fax.
Photo of Charlie James

Charlie James

• 174 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled 7.2.4 SoftPhone and prior version.

Why are these Softphone features no longer available on Ver 7.2.4.  Because of the importance of the docs I send, I always checked the pdf content on the SF... NO MATTER what the file name is for correctness before I hit send. Afterward I would open sent pdf files in the SF to view what was sent previously for research. Neither of those valuable to me features that were offered by RS are now available on the SF.I am not interested in the "scan" feature as it is not a complete solution as before.. Please ADD these features Back to the Softphone they ARE important
Photo of GW PR

GW PR

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
They must have added it,. because I had no issues doing just that!
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

What version of the Softphone are you using? Is it the older Legacy app?  The new version does not yet have this feature. Our product team continues to work on it but there are still a few features that are different, or have not yet been added at this time. 
Photo of Brian H.

Brian H.

• 556 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled RC Desktop lacking fax features..

That comparison page is sorely lacking when it comes to detailing how crippled RC Desktop is to sending outbound faxes compared to legacy Softphone.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: When will the Legacy Softphone be retired?.
Photo of MER

MER

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Documenting outbound faxes for CPA's, doctors, lawyers.

OUTBOUND faxes, their timestamp and reproduction, especially in "discovery" or "subpoena", for some customers, can be vital.

Outbound documentation is often of legal essence to particular customers.

Therefore new versions of RC need to be backwards compatible to old version OUTBOUND faxes.

Keeping around an old unsupported version of softphone to access old faxes is not the best solution, if even functional at all.

Are outbound faxes stored permanently and automatically on laptops by RC 7.0x?

Ps. please read my other IDEA POST regarding inbound faxes:

ACTUAL BEHAVIOR:

Each inbound fax needs to be saved manually, either before or after viewing, selecting the CLOUD arrow down icon - this in contrast to the VIEW ICON. The save step could be overlooked. The amount of laptop hard disk storage space for 10,000 faxes or 100,000 faxes is minimal in the age of multi-TRIG devices

DESIRED BEHAVIOR:

As in the down version 6.0X, inbound faxes were automatically stored in a data>filefolder as a .pdf

One step double clicking the softphone entry opened the inbound fax for viewing - the fax was already stored upon download, whether viewing action was ever taken or not.

Photo of Bear

Bear

• 354 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Need to see the sent faxes on the new ringcentral for windows desktop app.

need to see sent faxes on the new ringcentral for windows app.  This should be a basic ability that should be available.  Again we now have to go to your site and view there.  This is another downgrade of your new ringcentral for Windows.   The list goes on,  Very unsatisfied with your replacement program for the old Softphone fax features.  We are being forced to use but this should all be fixed before customers are forced to upgrade.
Photo of Charlton

Charlton, Alum

• 1,230 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
In the next version of RingCentral for desktop (7.4), we will include the following faxing enhancement

- Ability to see sent fax
- Clear status of sent, scheduled, received, failed fax
- Ability to re-send / forward faxes

This version will be available in Oct. 

Other faxing enhancements are also being considered in version 7.5 including fax preview and drag&drop.

thank you.
Photo of Triohm

Triohm

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Show Sent faxes in Ring Central Desktop Application.

Many clients are complaining they can not view sent faxes on the Windows Desktop Application. 
Photo of Don Lowry

Don Lowry

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Please add a "re-send" fax button..

I need the resubmit option returned to the softphone
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

Official Response
7.4 will be released soon, so be sure to check for the update over the next several weeks.  Here is a peak at the new changes. 

Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

Photo of Johnny Ainsworth

Johnny Ainsworth

• 308 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I hope this new version also includes this functionality for mac users as well since this splash screen you show indicates it's for Windows.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

It will be in the Mac version also. 

Johnny Ainsworth

thank you...glad to hear
Photo of Gary Wheless

Gary Wheless

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled So easy even a cave man can do it! Resend Failed Fax..

Resend a failed fax. Excellent and desirable feature would be to be able to with one click resend a fax without having to re key information and re attached files. I have use this feature with another fax program and is a very nice feature
Photo of Frank Boccuzzi

Frank Boccuzzi

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Glad to see there is plenty of progress being made on fax features for the new desktop app. Can RingCentral PLEASE add the ability to modify the fax header? Our faxes require specific information on each page, a feature that was available in the past. The ability to edit the header as in previous softphone versions is essential.

Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

See this topic for fax header.

Johnny Ainsworth

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Desktop App: No Sent files for Mac Softphone.

There is no Sent folder for the Mac Softphone and like Window users, we need one.  I just spent 2 1/2 hours on chat with RingCentral tech support to discover their engineers did not include the ability to see faxes sent from a Mac users Soft phone application though there is one for Windows users.  Clearly, this is a very important omission on their part.   I was looking for a fax sent to a state tax office and could not find it to prove that I sent it.  It nearly cost me well over $1000.  Thankfully, I sent it to my home office as well and they had a hard copy.
RingCentral:  Please provide a Sent Folder in the SoftPhone app for MACs.  It is as important to us as it is to Windows users.  Thank you.
Photo of Bear

Bear

• 354 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled we now have to sign into ringcentral to resend faxes that failed. We used to be ....

we now have to sign into ringcentral site to view and resend failed faxes.  This was available on the old softphone, all you had to do was click on the envelope in the left corner and you could easily find and resend failed faxes.  Now again, a lot of steps backwards and the user needs to waste valuable time to resend failed faxes.   Maybe if you emulated the old softphone closer the new ringcentral for windows would be more than barely useable.  All the options from the old softphone should definately be available on the new ringcentral softphone for this to be considered an upgrade and not a poor substitute.
Photo of Chana Leah Lesches

Chana Leah Lesches

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Desktop App: Resend & Delete fax in 1 click.

There is now the option in call controller to resend or delete a specific fax. Perhaps you can add a feature to do both tasks with the click of one button. It would be easier to refax and delete (the now older fax) at one time so that it diminishes the old sent documents on the call controller.
Photo of Jim McCormack

Jim McCormack

I just downloaded the most recent RingCentral Call Controller/Softphone for Windows (v 7.5.4.18772) and I still don't see the ability to re-sent a previously sent fax.  All the previously sent faxes were sent with the previous Call Controller/Softphone so I am not sure if that is the reason.
Photo of richstone2010

richstone2010

If you click the Fax tab and the filter next to the search bar you can pick sent fax and then pull up the fax and hit the circle arrow to resend.
Photo of Jim McCormack

Jim McCormack

Not sure what you mean.  I can see the Sent Faxes, but there is no way to to re-send.  No Circle or Arrow appears when I select a Sent Fax.

If you are referring to the Message Tab (the one with an Envelope icon), there are no Sent Faxes there.  I can only see Sent Faxes in the Call Log (the Clock icon).  Per my original message, I have not sent any faxes via the new Softphone so I am guessing that the faxes I sent with the previous Softphone will not be visible at all and that is the reason I am not seeing them in the Message Tab.
(Edited)
Photo of richstone2010

richstone2010

Hopefully that helps, but I must have 7.5.2