Presence not showing up on SPA500DS sidecar connected to SPA508G

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Answered
I have grown some since we started with a one phone operation with RingCentral. I started with a SPA508G and now have most of my offices with SPA303 phones. Since I have 18 phones over the various offices I wanted to add the sidecar to my SPA508G that I have on my desk.

I purchased the sidecar, hooked it up, it completed an update, then when I go into Presence to add the other users to the additional slots they do not show up on the sidecar. The backlight lights up but no extensions or user information. When I press a button on the sidecar nothing happens except when I press the next page button and that works.

Any help is appreciated!
Photo of Tony Blackburn

Tony Blackburn

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 60,140 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Tony, could you share a screen shot of your Presence Settings for the sidecar?
Photo of Tony Blackburn

Tony Blackburn

Here ya go!

Here is the preview on my phone:

Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 60,140 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Tony! Thanks for providing that info. So right off the bat, something is definitely wrong since the sidecar should show up as a third section in the Presence. That tells me that something is blocking proper communication between the phone and our servers. Support would have to take a deeper dive to see what's wrong, I'd suggest opening a case :)

Photo of Tony Blackburn

Tony Blackburn

Got it. Thank you.