Why won't all pages of my faxes scan using the Softphone?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

How do I get the scan to work properly to scan documents to a fax using SoftPhone? My scanner settings do not stick or it will only attach the first sheet when using the auto document feeder. The multifunction printer companies (Brother & Canon) say the problem is with RingCentral SoftPhone and RingCentral says call the printer manufacturer.
Photo of Glenn Van Noord

Glenn Van Noord

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

• 7,270 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Glenn,

Is there a way to fax without using the auto document feeder? Can you try that and let me know if it works?

Thanks.

Desiree
Hello, it will work without the feeder, but if I'm going to fax 20 pages, I'm not going to do it one by one. I also have a Brother printer MFC-8640D using Windows 7 Professional 64-bit edition. This happens with two computers using two different Brother multifunction printers. The only way to get this working is to scan it first and then attach it, but it's not as efficient as scanning it from the Softphone.
Photo of Randy Morris

Randy Morris

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Having the exact same problem with a brother MFC7820N. When I tried to do the scan attach method mentioned above and when I attached the scanned document for some reason the entire document starting printing on the printer all my it's self. Tried it again to be sure and got the same results.

Any other ideas? Ring Central says to uninstall and re install the program but I don't really think that is the problem based on me trying it on two different computers with same results and reading you same problems.
Photo of Randy Morris

Randy Morris

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
By scanning with WIA instead of TWAIN all the pages faxed fine.Hope this helps.
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Thanks, Randy!
Photo of Scott Maxwell

Scott Maxwell

• 70 Points
My Softphone software is not detecting my Brother MFC-9970CDW scanner.  I am trying to find how to scan with WIA instead of TWAIN but cannot find where in scanner or Windows 8.1 settings I can configure this, as suggested above.  Can anyone please point me in the right direction?  Many thanks!
(Edited)
Photo of Brielle Dunham

Brielle Dunham

• 70 Points
If you have a newer printer or windows 8 softphone is not compatible only in the area that it will not scan in multiple pages. So you will have to scan each individual page or scan the document to your desktop first and then attach from their.

I was on live chat with a rep of ring central and he said that is something they are hoping to change next update. 
Photo of Scott Maxwell

Scott Maxwell

• 70 Points
My problem is that my scanner does not show up at all in the scanners list in Softphone.  I can't even scan one page.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.