Put the Heads Up Display in Glip

• Idea
  • Updated 4 days ago
  • Under Consideration
Now that we can run our phones through Glip and start to leverage Glip as our hub for all communication it would be nice to have the HUD in there. 
Photo of Bradley Eigenberg

Bradley Eigenberg

• 532 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Ken

Ken

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I would have to second that motion!
Photo of Boss Lady

Boss Lady

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
And I third that! I would think that now that Glip has been launched for quite some time now, it would have incorporated Glip! Pleeeease do this ASAP RingCentral! 
Photo of Boss Lady

Boss Lady

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled HUD on Glip ... PLEEEEASE!.

Hello! I'm an Office Premium customer based in the U.S. although I have team members located both, in the U.S. and internationally as well. 

For years, I've been using the RC desktop phone app for business communications and Skype for team communication, collaboration, group meetings, etc. To move everything to one platform, I finally decided to jump on the RC Glip bandwagon and at first glance, it appeared to have everything my company and team would need EXCEPT, the very important HUD features. So I must admit, I'm now a tad disappointed.

Call monitoring, whisper, barge, and all the other call features that come along with the original RC desktop app is extremely important for us. But it appears that this is not available with the new (or maybe not so new) Glip RC app.

So now, in order to use Glip communications and still use HUD, I must have and keep both apps open to accomplish what I set out to accomplish. And that also means that I get double notifications for EVERYTHING (text messages, missed calls, voicemails, etc.).

Should I completely abandon the Glip app and continue using Skype since I can't truly migrate to ONE platform as I intended and needed to do? Should I continue to use both versions of the RC app which creates duplicate notifications and is extremely annoying? Or will RingCentral integrate the rest of the original RC desktop app features into Glip, including the HUD with call monitoring, whisper, barge, etc., and if so, when? 

Please RingCentral Team ... please integrate all desktop app features into one platform so that we business owners can eliminate the need for multiple systems, cluttered browser tabs, etc.

Thank you for your time and consideration!
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 53,680 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Boss Lady, good news is that our Product Team is working hard on creating feature parity between the RC Phone app and the RC app :) When I learn more about when HUD will be added, I'll update this thread :)
Photo of Boss Lady

Boss Lady

Yaaaay, that makes me verrry happy, lol! Thank you for this update and I'll be keeping an eye out for the release!