Put the Heads Up Display in Glip

• Idea
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Planned
Now that we can run our phones through Glip and start to leverage Glip as our hub for all communication it would be nice to have the HUD in there. 
Photo of Bradley Eigenberg

Bradley Eigenberg

• 822 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Ken

Ken

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I would have to second that motion!
Photo of Boss Lady

Boss Lady

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
And I third that! I would think that now that Glip has been launched for quite some time now, it would have incorporated Glip! Pleeeease do this ASAP RingCentral! 
Photo of Boss Lady

Boss Lady

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled HUD on Glip ... PLEEEEASE!.

Hello! I'm an Office Premium customer based in the U.S. although I have team members located both, in the U.S. and internationally as well. 

For years, I've been using the RC desktop phone app for business communications and Skype for team communication, collaboration, group meetings, etc. To move everything to one platform, I finally decided to jump on the RC Glip bandwagon and at first glance, it appeared to have everything my company and team would need EXCEPT, the very important HUD features. So I must admit, I'm now a tad disappointed.

Call monitoring, whisper, barge, and all the other call features that come along with the original RC desktop app is extremely important for us. But it appears that this is not available with the new (or maybe not so new) Glip RC app.

So now, in order to use Glip communications and still use HUD, I must have and keep both apps open to accomplish what I set out to accomplish. And that also means that I get double notifications for EVERYTHING (text messages, missed calls, voicemails, etc.).

Should I completely abandon the Glip app and continue using Skype since I can't truly migrate to ONE platform as I intended and needed to do? Should I continue to use both versions of the RC app which creates duplicate notifications and is extremely annoying? Or will RingCentral integrate the rest of the original RC desktop app features into Glip, including the HUD with call monitoring, whisper, barge, etc., and if so, when? 

Please RingCentral Team ... please integrate all desktop app features into one platform so that we business owners can eliminate the need for multiple systems, cluttered browser tabs, etc.

Thank you for your time and consideration!
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 67,790 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Boss Lady, good news is that our Product Team is working hard on creating feature parity between the RC Phone app and the RC app :) When I learn more about when HUD will be added, I'll update this thread :)
Photo of Boss Lady

Boss Lady

Yaaaay, that makes me verrry happy, lol! Thank you for this update and I'll be keeping an eye out for the release!
Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson, Champion

• 4,254 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Saadet, is HUD on the roadmap?  This conversation from 2 months ago alluded to you checking on that but I didn't see a response.
Photo of Bond007DMC

Bond007DMC

• 1,538 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I sure hope HUD will be added, because we use RC Phone and HUD, which also incorporates call park presence/status. This is one of the reasons we have not fully moved to the RC App. But now there are rumblings (notices going out) that RC Phone and Meetings as separate apps will be going away soon. One app for all will be great, but RC really needs to make sure that all the functionality is combined before pulling the plug on the older apps and then saying in effect - "too bad, so sad" when they decide that certain features will not be included in the RC App. Don't be like Google who take away perfectly fine features, without warning, that people love with no warning or asking for opinion.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,062 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi all, the HUD is planned to be added to the RingCentral desktop app some time next year :) As I learn more details and a final ETA I will share them!
Photo of Bond007DMC

Bond007DMC

• 1,558 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for getting back on this, Saadet, but next year? Seriously? More than 6 months from now?Then tell your product team that if they depreciate the apps, as is apparently coming soon according to a notice I just recently received - before the functionality from RC Phone is fully integrated - there is going to be a lot of upset people who rely on this functionality now. There may just be a large exodus from RingCentral as well. RC would do well NOT to shut down the apps that we are using every day because the functionality isn't within the RC App (or web version) yet. Again, it would be great if there was just one app with all the features that exist now, but it would not be good to take those away prematurely. I can see the future... RC pulls the plug on the RC Phone app before all of its function is integrated into RC App. Users will complain that they need this function or that function back - like it was when they signed on. RC will respond on cue with, "no problem... just vote for that feature and we may implement it some day (or not...)". Just sayn'...
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,042 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Bond007DMC,

I understand the concern, trust me! However, the apps will not be fully retired until the Product Team has reached feature parity. Which is why it will be next year for the desktop apps. You can learn more about the transition plan on this thread. In all, the RC Phone and Meetings mobile apps are going to be retired later this year, this will happen in stages. Then the desktop apps will be retired next year. As more details become available we will be posting them on Community. 
Photo of Boss Lady

Boss Lady

I guess I'm a bit confused as well Saadet. Isn't the "RC Phone app" also a "desktop" app as well? Or are you referring solely to mobile apps?

My team and I use the RC Phone on our desktops every day. And it's critical that I'm able to monitor live calls, whisper to them, etc. So this is what we're hoping will remain in place until all features have been migrated to the one Super app that RingCentral is working on. 

Thanks again for your responses and clarity on this!
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Hey Boss Lady, the RC Phone app has a mobile and desktop version. This year the Product Team is working on retiring the RC Phone and RC Meetings mobile apps. Next year will be the RC Phone and RC Meetings desktop apps - but only after they reach feature parity and the RingCentral app has the same functionalities. This will obviously take some time so when I learn more I'll share :)
Photo of Boss Lady

Boss Lady

Sounds great Saadet, thank you for replying!
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Of course! Always happy to help :)
Photo of Bronson Coutts

Bronson Coutts

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
WOW! I am  SOOOOOO glad that I have found this thread, admittedly I could have taken more time a long time ago to try and make heads or tails of the differences between apps and app versions (given the differences in functionality between the apps with the same name across platforms), yep Im pretty sure everyone here is still with me!  Can I just thank all parties in the above thread fror enabling me to FINALLY be able to understand.  

Until now, every time I thought I understood, I would find another reason to doubt that!

Lastly,  I LOVE RC, and everything about them and of course the product.  While some people may complain about the complexity and or confusing nature of things, they really shouldnt!   I can vouch for how long it takes to develop, test, golive (and everything inbetween) even just the smallest of smallest changes to software, let alone entire features.   RC are doing what not alot of other companies do wich is rolling release of features, (anyone that does, either doesnt do it well or doesnt have the same complexity/accountability/customer impact, if something goes wrong!

I betcha there's a gun developer there at RC that could whip up the RC Phone Apps/ HUD features into the RingCentral (or glip) versons of the app probably in less than a month, with one hand tied behind back and golive with it overnight!  Yeah, there would DEFINETLY be a percentage of users that would LOVE it (y'know IF it was perfect and there were no bugs), but we all have different needs and different setups in our businesses (not to mention different telephony hardware, different endpoints etc, not everyone uses softphone!) and we would not be doing business that day!

Thanks RC for your always perfect and bug-free rolling releases and app updates!

Bronson
Photo of Moccia

Moccia

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Head's Up Display (HUD) Is Needed in th Glip Softphone Application.

Heads Up Display is necessary functionality in the new Ring Central phone application.  Many of our users will not upgrade to GLIP without HUD functionality.
Photo of Edith Villanueva

Edith Villanueva

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Presence feature (HUD) for RC Mobile App.

Hi Community Members, We have customer requesting for Presence feature (HUD) to be added on our RC Mobile App to see the status of each users.
Photo of Bill Hodder

Bill Hodder

• 728 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Access HUD from iOS and Android App.

Hi,

Would it be possible to add the HUD feature to the iOS and Android app?

Would be really useful to be able to monitor presence and call monitor. I see this being especially useful for our sales managers walking the call centre floor, giving them true mobility to do their job.

We are based in the UK, using the BT Cloud Phone offering.

Cheers,

Bill
Photo of Bridget Griggs

Bridget Griggs

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can we make HUD available in the Glip app?.

This is a United States account. Our business is a recruitment agency working on behalf of our client partners. The feature I am requesting is essentially the further combination of the phone app into the Glip app making the HUD feature available in Glip to consolidate and not be required to have several apps open at once. If I am on a phone call in Glip, it would be great to see who is available in case I need to transfer someone and it would be good to do this all inside of one app. There are between 1-10 users.