I don't see a way to submit this as anything but a feature request, but this is really a bug or a flaw in what RC is currently doing. And just to be clear, we greatly like the RC solution, but this is a gap.
- Account type (U.S., Canada, UK, AT&T, Telus, BT) US
- A brief description of the business ----------Major non-profit
6. Include any related case number if applicable ------Case ID: 06272512
7. Number of Users and/or Digital Lines -------1,200
3. A high level description of the product or feature being requested
When a call comes in from an external PSTN, RC needs to NOT do a directory lookup against our RC user database. If the spoofed number is valid in our RC system, then RC fills in the info and causes the call to appear to an end user as an internal call by adding the name/extension from our database to an external call.
4. A typical use case scenario explaining how your business would use the feature
They're commonly robo calls that spoof callerid numbers and choose a number similar to the number they're calling. I understand there's not a good way to outright block them (except number by number) BUT RC doesn't have to help them. An known external call should not be run through my directory for name/extension and then have that data added to the call so that when it hits the recipients phone it appears with a valid name and extension of an internal caller. If they spoof a valid number (and they have) then RC tags the call with a valid name and extension.
5. Benefit of such feature
My legal dept and my InfoSec depts. would stop being concerned about this level of spoofing and raising questions about RC.