REALLY HATE THIS NEW CALL LOG INTERFACE

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Call Log Feedback

I know I asked before about reverting the call log to the old one and was told its not possible by customer service but it really is inferior to the old one.  The new interface is just horrible!  The old interface gave more visual data and were able to copy and past all fields.  I cannot view complete extension data and transfers of that call without hovering the over the field with the mouse.  Cant copy and paste phone numbers.  I pay over $600 a month on our bill not happy.  Hoping some one makes some changes or reverts back to previous edition.
Photo of Ralph Milone

Ralph Milone

• 712 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • not at all happy!

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Rob Byers

Rob Byers

• 384 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
It's not good at all. Not only are we not able to do the things you mention, but I can only get 2 or 3 pages worth of history. When I try to go to page 3, I get "No results". We average about 10K a day, and I can only see the most recent 40 calls. We've been a customer since August, and given how many technical issues we've had and how many "features" we were mislead on by the sales team, I seriously doubt we'll make it a year before switching vendors.
Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson, Champion

• 3,314 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
That's really odd.  I did 15 days and have clicked through to page 13 of the results so far...
Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson, Champion

• 3,316 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I didn't realize it had changed!  I still see a Detailed view that shows the from or to depending on inbound/outbound (still not sure why we can't see both in simple view), and also can still download the results via the three dots in the upper right.  Is this different than what you are seeing?  I can also click on the gear and hide some of the columns and reorder them.  I don't like that we cannot adjust the various column widths, but being able to export the content helps with that.
Photo of Ralph Milone

Ralph Milone

• 712 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
The copy and pasting phone numbers is also a PIA.  Now I have to click the phone number, copy it in a second field, close the field and then paste.  Also asjusting frame size helps.  I cant see data in certain fields unless I hover over it.  Old log functioned just fine.  Who test pilots these things there before making a switch? 
Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson, Champion

Agreed.  In the interim (hopefully) I'd probably just export to CSV so that I can easily copy/paste from there.
Photo of Rob Byers

Rob Byers

• 384 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I did just find where we can filter on extension, but still can only see 2 or 3 pages of history.

Photo of Jay Nichols

Jay Nichols

• 2,710 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
This seems to be RingCentral's mantra.  It isn't broken, but let's fix it anyway.  But the items that CUSTOMERS WANT are ignored.  They can't work on the things we want or need because they are too busy screwing up what actually DOES work.  Way to go RingCentral!!!!
Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson, Champion

Definitely missing some features, and definitely not one of the things that needed much attention...
  • No navigation for first page and last page
  • No ability to resize columns
  • No ability to sort on a particular column
  • Simple view shows who the call was from or to, but not both

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.