Why am I not receiving SMS text messages from AT&T users?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: SMS: Can't send/receive SMS Text messages on my Ring Central Account

I haven't been getting any text messages from AT&T users. They can get my texts, but I don't receive their responses. Verizon/T-Mobile seem fine. Not sure about Sprint. Anyone else with similar issues?
Photo of kbibens

kbibens

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

• 7,230 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi,

Oh no - this is the first time I've heard this one. 

Does any other user in your company receive SMS messages from AT&T users?

Thanks.

Desiree
Photo of kbibens

kbibens

It's just me in company. I've has several AT&T subscribers in different states text me but none go through. They receive my texts just fine.

Kib
Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

Ok - so the good news is it's not a company wide problem. The bad news is you're having the issue.

Are you on the newest version of our smartphone app (version 5.15)?

Thanks.

Desiree
Photo of kbibens

kbibens

Sorry. The only person in my company is me, so yes, it's company-wide. I have version 3.8.0 of the Android app.(Released September 5th 2013)
Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

Hi,

You are on the most recent version so that is good.

When you don't receive their texts, are they receiving an error message (perhaps they are sending through iMessage which would require iOS)?

Thanks.

Desiree
Photo of kbibens

kbibens

No errors and I've tested all sort of phones. I've opened a support case.
Photo of Tamela Williams

Tamela Williams

• 64 Points
I have the same exact problem . My coworker is on AT&T and she gets my text but I can't seem to get a reply.
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
How strange - just tested this out on my AT&T iPhone and it worked OK (i.e., I could send and receive texts between my RC account and my AT&T number). Are you not the operator extension on the account? If the answer is no and you send a text from your main company number, the text will go through - but when the recipient responds, his/her SMS will go to the operator extension.
Photo of Rabbi Holzman

Rabbi Holzman

• 70 Points
Perhaps these at&t people are on your block number list which unables you to receive any messages of these numbers
Photo of Lynne Suszek

Lynne Suszek

• 176 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have Verizon and nobody can text us back. We use Iphones.  I updated the app but still nothing. It tells them they are texting a landline. I submitted a ticket as you suggested, Ben. Any known solutions?
Photo of Paul Hess

Paul Hess

• 64 Points
Same issue here since I ported my number into RingCentral. No texts from AT&T users arrive (even though texts I send from RingCentral reach them). It's been over a month with no resolution.
Photo of Kashif Shaukat

Kashif Shaukat

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Can not receive text messages .
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi all - anyone who is experiencing this, please create a new support case at http://success.ringcentral.com/RCContactSupp. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Photo of Troy Pickett

Troy Pickett

• 410 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This problem has cropped up again. I started a ticket, but the first response was to reinstall my software on the phone. This does not inspire confidence, since I was clear that people outside of the RC universe were getting error messages about the number being a landline. What's more irritating is that this worked great until 48 hours ago.
Photo of Ryan  Te Velde

Ryan Te Velde

• 416 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I too am having this same issue - started 7 days ago - for me it is not just ATT or one particular carrier.  No one is able to TXT my number and when people TXT the main softphone number they get an error message back about the number being a landline.  I have escalated it to tier2 and have a case number 02884751 but honestly thus far support has been a major disappointment.  This must be resolved!  The SMS functions of RingCentral are vital to my business.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Why it worked perfectly for 11 months and then suddenly on 8-6-13 stopped is mind-boggling.
Photo of Lynne Suszek

Lynne Suszek

Amen! My thoughts exactly!
Photo of Sean Smith

Sean Smith, Employee

• 892 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Hello Ryan, I reviewed your case and have asked our team to escalate it.  Sorry for the issue you are experiencing. 

Lynne, are you having the same issue as well?  Let me know if you have a case.

Photo of Lynne Suszek

Lynne Suszek

I am, Sean. Thanks! Yes I submitted a ticket online.
Photo of Sean Smith

Sean Smith, Employee

Hi Lynne, what is the case #?  I could not find it from your name.

Photo of Lynne Suszek

Lynne Suszek

case #02888443
(Edited)
Photo of Sean Smith

Sean Smith, Employee

will look into.  I see it was opened today.  Thanks.
Photo of Joe Lampitt

Joe Lampitt

• 72 Points
I recently ported my number to RC and discovered this past week that I am not receving texts from ATT.  My case has been elevated, but I'm lacking confidence.  Has anyone found a solution for this problem?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.