Remote access to an unattended computer.

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
I am a satisfied customer. I would like to recommend a future feature: Remote access to an unattended computer. This would require one-time approval between the 2 devices.
Photo of Jonathan de Wolff

Jonathan de Wolff

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 22,088 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
05/16/2017 RingCentral is a phone service provider company, this seems like you should be looking to your computer O/S to do this instead of RC.  We would block this if RC started offering a back-door into controlling other computers via their software as a network security risk..We have presently 2000+ RingCentral users in our Organization  17,000 computer users.... 

Jonathan de Wolff

It would be a service similar to Team Viewer.  It would be a great add-on to Ring Central as remote access to computers is possible in Ring Central, but not unattended computers.   It is a great feature when you are out of the office and want to access your own computer via your tablet.
Photo of Chris Verdin

Chris Verdin, Champion

• 3,094 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

I would agree that RingCentral Meetings is not the same as TeamViewer.  RingCentral meetings allows you to share your screen.  It's meant more for presentation or training.  Not so much Unattended access.  TeamViewer is the software that would best accomplish what your trying to do. 

You could probably start a RingCentral Meeting from your remote PC before you leave and then later join the meeting from your tablet.  However, I don't know how you'd get keyboard and mouse control without approval from the PC. 

Jonathan de Wolff

Yes it makes sense what you are saying, but as you acknowledge there are limitations with Ring Central Meetings to accomplish unattended access.

I like the idea of consolidating as many features as possible with Ring Central.  They are a good company and great to work with.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew, Champion

• 378 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I agree with you all but heck sure would love this as an option so even though I don't expect it as a feature I vote for it :)

Jonathan de Wolff

Saadet (Official Rep) :  Thanks for your interest.  There doesn't appear to be a way to contact you to supply you with an example of this feature in use.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,062 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hello Jonathan,

If you post on the thread it may give people a better understanding of this type of application and what it could be used for :) Examples always help paint a better picture.

Jonathan de Wolff

I understand:

This feature allows:

1.Unattended access allows me to access my desktop computer from anywhere in the world where I have my laptop or tablet, as well as internet access.
2.It also allows me to share access to a QuickBooks Company file that I want others to have access to remotely.