Reverting to Default Profile Picture

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Acknowledged
I updated my profile picture from the generic standard icon.  Now when I join a ringcentral meeting my profile picture appears.  I can't seem to revert back to the standard generic profile icon.  How can I do this and remove my profile picture from Ring Central Meetings? 
Photo of DH

DH

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 35,672 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It appears that RIngCentralhas removed the Advanced Features menu selection in Settings (at least in my instance). That's  where you can edit your profile and delete the photo. I can't remove mine either.
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 60,026 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey DH, do you use the RC (Glip) app? Also, could you show me where you changed your profile picture in Meetings? I've never done it so it would help me to understand :)
Photo of DH

DH

This is precisely my question :)  I changed my profile in the GLIP all and now it displays when I join RingCentral meetings.  I don't understand how that happened and would like to disable it. 

AH! So, RingCentral Meetings and Glip now talk to each other - this is so that when you're on an RC Meeting, your Presence in Glip reflects that :) Which is a really nice feature. 

Because these two programs talk to each other, Meeting is pulling your profile picture from Glip. I'll see if it's something that can be changed but I don't think it is.
Photo of DH

DH

Thank you.  I'm one of several hundred in our organization that have a profile pic in Glip but the only one that has my profile pic appear in RingCentral.  There must be some setting that is enabling this 

Hey DH, got some more info. At this time there's no setting in Meetings to update your Profile Picture. However, you can change it in Glip and that will update Meetings.
Photo of Gurjot Dhaliwal

Gurjot Dhaliwal

• 60 Points
Hi, I have changed my picture on glip, but the RC meetings picture will not update. The Picture on RC meetings is not a picture I would like to have during meetings. The picture has come up recently, as there was no picture before. Thanks.
Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 6,024 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Gurjot, 

Your profile picture pulls from Glip, but it isn't a flawless process. I still haven't been able to get my profile picture from Glip to Meetings. 

The most successful process we've found is to use the RingCentral Mobile (formerly Glip) app and set to preferences to RingCentral Embedded under the meeting settings. Once you do this, you can start or join at least one meeting, and your picture should populate.
Photo of Anita Williams

Anita Williams

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am having this same issue. The profile picture from Glip (which we use internally) suddenly appeared in RingCentral Meetings (which we use for both internal and external meetings). The size is skewed. I could change my profile picture in Glip, per Saadet's suggestion, but it didn't update in RingCentral Meetings.

I also tried changing it on the Android RingCentral mobile app. It updated Glip but not Meetings (and I had made sure I had RingCentral embedded selected in settings). And finally I tried changing on the RingCentral Phone app. Again, updated Glip but not Meetings.

How do I change the profile photo so either a different (non-skewed) photo appears or I can use a blank image or image with just my initials in RingCentral Meetings?
Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 6,024 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Anita, 

You can try uploading a different picture into Glip and see if that profile photo will sync to Meetings correctly, but right now we don't have a solid process to update Meetings profile pictures. 
Photo of Anita Williams

Anita Williams

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Jessica - Thanks. Already tried but it didn't sync to Meetings. I'll wait for a new process. - Anita
(Edited)
Photo of Erica

Erica

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have removed my picture on RingCentral Phone but it has not been removed from Glip. How can i remove it from there? It only gives the option to change it not remove it. 

• 59,156 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Erica, you can't remove the profile picture in Glip - only change it to something else.
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

Erica,

Saadet is correct, but what you can do is create a blank JPG image in Paint or any other application that can create a blank image. You could also grab a screenshot of a blank area of a screen with something like the Windows snipping tool. You can then change the photo in Glip with this blank image.

I've attached a white blank image for you that you can download (It's white so click just below this).
Photo of Erica

Erica

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you! 
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

You're very welcome.
Photo of Mark

Mark

• 60 Points
This is garbage ... fix this so we can edit, change, and remove an image directly from the meetings app ... who created this user experience? 
(Edited)
Photo of Lisa Leslie

Lisa Leslie

• 60 Points
Agreed - spent WAYYY too much time trying to fix what's evidently unfixable! Really lame. It updates OK in the phone app and shows OK in Glip and mobile even - but not on my huge monitor... really want that gone and/or at least changed! Ridiculous.
Photo of LDK

LDK

• 62 Points
I agree, this should be an easy fix on RingCentral's end. It's not asking a lot to be able to delete a photo and revert to the user's initials that already existed in your system to begin with. 

Can you please let us know that you're working on this simple improvement? 

Thanks