Ring Central Meeting Scheduled in Google Calendar- Wrong Time in Ring Central Meetings App

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
Is anyone having issues where Ring Central meetings established through the Gmail Calendar Extension are not populating with the correct time in the Ring Central Meetings desktop application?
Photo of David Garrity

David Garrity

• 294 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of David Garrity

David Garrity

See attached example
Photo of Jenn

Jenn, Official Rep

• 2,208 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hello David! 

You will need to change the timezone from your RingCentral Meeting app itself. 

You can do this by clicking the schedule icon and you will see the timezone below start and duration.
Photo of David Garrity

David Garrity

Hi Jenn-

The Ring Central engineering team has taken this on, its a known bug.  Thanks for the reply.
Photo of David Garrity

David Garrity

Is there a status from engineering when this fix can be expected?
Photo of David Garrity

David Garrity

2 weeks plus, no resolution, no communication on estimated resolution time?  Not great support
Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 13,838 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi David, 

We have not heard anything from the engineering team regarding when this will be resolved. The case you opened will automatically be closed when this is resolved and you'll received a notification. I'm sorry there hasn't been more movement on this. 
Photo of David Garrity

David Garrity

Any status?
Photo of David Garrity

David Garrity

Hi Jessica- Any further status from engineer- looks like we are going on a month of this functionality being broken.
Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 13,838 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi David, 

I just checked, and there has not been an update to the bug report yet. 
Photo of David Garrity

David Garrity

Is this every going to be resolved?  The radio silence from support in official cases, as well as via the community is poor form.
Photo of Ashley Finch

Ashley Finch

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'd like to add to this post as I reported the same issue earlier. It's rather frustrating when you get confused customers calling you because the time on the meeting was "wrong"!
Support told me that I'd need to submit a feature request for this...I'm glad I've found a thread where it's been acknowledged by engineering at least, although there doesn't seem to be much progress being made!
Photo of Harrison Farr

Harrison Farr

• 60 Points
This is a weird bug. We're new RC customers and this is starting to aggravate everyone across our small org. What are other's solution? Just uninstall the Calendar extension and schedule from the Meetings app directly?
Photo of David Garrity

David Garrity

Yeah, unfortunately that will be the solution.  Do not hold your breathe on Ring Central fixing this, I have had a case open with them regarding this issue since February 17.  For a commercial product, outright embarrassing.
Photo of Thorben Grosser

Thorben Grosser

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am getting that same issue.