Ring Central Phone De-Authorize Computer

• Idea
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
It would be nice if Ring Central Phone Deauthorized computers when a user logs out. I have a call center with 8 employees and 5 computers so they are constantly locked out of receiving calls in Ring Central Softphone do to them logging into different machines everyday. 
Photo of Michael Dunfee

Michael Dunfee

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson, Champion

• 4,406 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
This will go away with the new RingCentral app.  You can use it now and not have this problem but the phone side of the new app is not "feature complete" in my opinion and isn't planned to be until mid-2020 I believe.
Photo of Michael Dunfee

Michael Dunfee

i know, its just the app never seems to ring on incoming calls, only the phone app does, which is a major killer, unless i am doing something wrong?
Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson, Champion

For me it rings on all calls, but doesn't pop to the foreground (and there's no setting to do so).  I'm assuming your RingCentral app is set to Phone Calls = On under File > Preferences?
Photo of Michael Dunfee

Michael Dunfee

no, of course it wasn't. SO i was doing something wrong, ill blame old age. But since I have you, this will not affect call recordings will it?
Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson, Champion

We don't do call recordings so I'm not sure.  Do you have them set as automatic or do you enable that during specific calls?
Photo of Michael Dunfee

Michael Dunfee

automatic for certain users, i'll just have to go back into testing
Photo of alfm

alfm

• 1,756 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I completely agree. .I work from home sometimes and when I do it is very very annoying to me to keep having to open up the web interface, log in and de-authoress my work computer so I can get the home one to use the RC phone + Meetings and vice versa
Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson, Champion

This has been suggested for as long as I have been using RingCentral (2014).  Given that the plan is to sunset the RC Phone app once the newer RingCentral app is feature-complete, I don't anticipate you will ever see it (just my opinion).

I just avoid the problem by using the newer RingCentral app on my work PC and the RC Phone app on my laptop.  The newer app doesn't have this limitation so it keeps me from having to do what you describe.